The online racing simulator
#1 - GX390
Thinking of buying an S2 licence
Hi guts I currently play rFactor at the minute and thinking of buying and S2 licence (I'm about to try the LFS demo in a sec) I'm just wondering do you need a better pc for LFS than rFactor

Here is my PC specs

Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop
Windows Vista 32-bit
3.00 GB of RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00 GHz processor
Intel GMA 965 internal graphics

Thanks in advance

Dan
#2 - Zay
Yep, LFS doesnt need by any means a high end computer to run, you should be fine:P
That graphics chip is not good at all.

Sadly.
#4 - GX390
Quote from cargame.nl :That graphics chip is not good at all.

Sadly.

Haha I know but I'm wondering if I'd be able to run LFS in low graphics without lag?

Thanks for the help
But .. Eehh

Why not try the demo and find it out for yourself

Blackwood track is a pretty good measurement.
#7 - GX390
Just tryed and had no lag can someone post the minimum graphics settings please as some of them I didn't understand

Thanks
Copied from LFS.net:

Any version of Microsoft Windows, 32 or 64 bit
1 GHz CPU, 256 MB memory, 3D graphics card

Even my netbook can run it. I get 15 to 50 FPS depending on the scenario. My netbook has an onboard Intel GMA 500 (10 MB)
#9 - dbt
Rfactor needs definitely a better PC than LFS (to get the same framerates).. and the Simbin stuff (RACE07 and so on..) needs something even better..

But your graphic card does not sound very promising.. I have a AMD64 3000+ (OC'd but I forgot how much) and a Nvidia 6600 (also OC'd) and I would say that should be the minimum to get a decent experience.. (I'm planning to upgrade it by the end of the year).

You should be fine if you don't increase the graphic options.

By the way, I am running it in a 720p screen (1280x720)
#10 - avih
Take 10 minutes to read this thread. I think it has the info you seek.
get some cheap used parts from a reputable UK forum like bit-tech or something.
Quote from Gabkicks :get some cheap used parts from a reputable UK forum like bit-tech or something.

Parts like what?

Thanks
#13 - th84
Save your money dude..... unless you enjoy shitty insims on cruise servers. If that is the case, there is a new Need for Speed coming out soon.
its going to be the same price whether he buys it now or later, supposedly. I havent had a real race in lfs in... i dont know how long, feels like at least a year or 2.
I'm still waiting on that big patch
Quote from GX390 :Parts like what?

Thanks

you could grab a gts 250 or an ati 4850 for real cheap. but your cpu is pretty slow :/
What has a patch to do with having 'a real race' ...?

Funny that people with an american flag say it by the way. Waiting on another oval track?

And, he is talking about a laptop. You can't grab another GPU. Well sometimes, but not in this case.
Try the demo and see how you like it. If you like the demo you'll like S2 even more. Worth the money if you have £24 extra (or £12 if you already have S1)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG