The online racing simulator
Act Labs Force RS Wheel in Windows 7
Dear users of LFS,

I have recently upgraded my system to Windows 7. Some time ago I purchased an Act Labs Force RS Wheel, shifter and pedal system, investing in one of the greatest wheels known to my world of video games.

In an attempt to find drivers for the Force RS, I have noticed that Act Labs no longer supports this product, lacking any driver support for Windows 7. I was wondering if anyone had any experience attempting to use the Force RS wheel with Windows 7.

Currently, both the pedals and the shifter work flawlessly. The old Act Labs drivers for XP appear to install on Windows 7, however, the Force RS will not show under the 'Game Devices' panel.

Any thoughts on how to revive this awesome gaming system?
Do they have Vista drivers? Should work on those..

As Windows 7 is not actually out yet you can't 'expect' people to have drivers ready for them as of yet.
I have attempted to contact Act Labs directly without success. It does not appear that Act Labs will make drivers for them.

At the moment, I have an install of both Vista and Windows 7. Neither operating system seems to operate with the XP Drivers, supplied from Act Labs.

The only other choice I have would be to use XP instead.

Any other alternatives?
A very quick google(:really shows that on the Act-labs forum other people have been asking the same question. It seems that they do not have Vista drivers avalible..
Quote from CH33TAH :Dear users of LFS,

I have recently upgraded my system to Windows 7. Some time ago I purchased an Act Labs Force RS Wheel, shifter and pedal system, investing in one of the greatest wheels known to my world of video games.

In an attempt to find drivers for the Force RS, I have noticed that Act Labs no longer supports this product, lacking any driver support for Windows 7. I was wondering if anyone had any experience attempting to use the Force RS wheel with Windows 7.

Currently, both the pedals and the shifter work flawlessly. The old Act Labs drivers for XP appear to install on Windows 7, however, the Force RS will not show under the 'Game Devices' panel.

Any thoughts on how to revive this awesome gaming system?

Maybe there is solution http://www.zagerdesign.com/racing_sims/act_labs.htm
Just wanted to quickly post here to help anyone looking for new drivers. I've found a Vista and Windows 7 driver for the Act Labs Force RS steering wheel. You can download the driver here:
Click Here to download the Act ... sta Windows 7 Driver v2.0

Download the zip, extract it to a folder called 'ForceRS' and follow the Instruction text file included.

The Force RS is a great wheel and very well built. Mine is still working fine after 10+ years! It would have been a shame to not be able to use the wheel anymore because of a driver problem. But with this fix you can still use the Force RS on the latest operating systems!

Thanks to JeffInTheUSA. I added Windows 7 support and simplified the fix even more.

Enjoy!
Hey guys,

I've updated these drivers to v3.0 (as to not confuse them with the original ActLabs v2.51). I've added and fixed support for Windows 64-bit. The Act Labs Force RS wheel is now working with both Windows 7 and Vista (32 and 64-Bit)! Now there are two separate packages, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit.

I'm now using my modified Force RS on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I love the wheel but I found the pedals just don't have enough throw.. So I modded my brothers old Logitech G25 pedals to work with my Force RS. Works great!

Act Labs Force RS Vista-Win7 32-Bit Driver v3.0
http://pcdoctor.host22.com/Act ... n7 32-Bit Driver v3.0.zip

Act Labs Force RS Vista-Win7 64-Bit Driver v3.0
http://pcdoctor.host22.com/Act ... n7 64-Bit Driver v3.0.zip

Just unzip to a folder called 'ForceRS' and there is an instruction text file with complete instructions. I haven't been able to test this new version on many different versions of Windows 7 or Vista, but they should work if you follow the directions exactly. Please let me know if you find any bugs or typos or if you have any questions. Thanks and enjoy!

-Gregory
Gregory,

I followed your instructions perfectly, yet my wheel still does not respond.
I have under device manager "Act-Labs Force RS Wheel (USB) - Saitek Driver"

I have also tried to manually install "ForceRS_x64Rev2.inf" and "ForceRS_x64Rev3.inf", but it says....

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

Act-Labs Force RS Wheel (USB) - Saitek Win7

The system cannot find the file specified"

Is there something I am doing wrong? Can you help me?

Thanks! I also really like the wheel, I have a couple of them and don't want to buy a new one. I will go back to windows XP before I use another wheel.
#9 - f1nn
Hi everybody, have anyone saved v.3.0 drivers, link in thread is empty

Act Labs Force RS Wheel in Windows 7
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG