The online racing simulator
Jabba. Gratz to the podium,great job JD. We had nice race aswell,last stint was going perfectly,but puncture and gravel. /me hopes for more luck in we1...
REVIEW *** REVIEW *** REVIEW *** REVIEW *** REVIEW *** REVIEW *** REVIEW *** REVIEW *** REVIEW ***

(by P. Krüger aka Marc Romboy / Cargame.nl)

Kyoto, National Reverse. First Race of the Season for the GTA League

It's just 8 a.m. in the morning, some cloud crossing the skies, but no chances of rain for the next 3 hours. The grid was already set and everybody prepared well for the race. Some of the Rookies, Amateurs and Advanced Racers already did some great laps the whole time before the season started, driving and practicing around the different Servers hosted for the event.

After Cargame.nl signed up for the league, T. Lomp and P. Krüger (better known as Marc Romboy) did the testrace on 10th October 2010 on Aston Historic Reverse. They found out that some good races will come up, where they'll be able to finish at least in the middle field, drafting with some of the guys they already know from Cargame.nl S2 Server. This gave'm a good feeling and made the whole team proud to have a new team coming up for further endurance races and league events like this.

Sandis Sietins from Latvia was the man of the Qualifying sessions, because he did some great laps earlier on the Cargame GTR Server, which made Cargame.nl believe he can catch a fast lap, chasing with the rest of the FXR's and letting them behind him. So he did and everything was well managed to have a good race on the Japanese Circuit of Kyoto National Reverse.

S. Sietins started 17th. Well, he actually didn't started at all. Right before the Safety Car was driving away, he timed out, which was changing the whole plans the team did, so the driver ordings needed to be changed. Joris Peters who stayed in IRC and Teamspeak decided to let Jos Meerten start, right before P. Krüger. Joris Peters will do the last stint. As fast as he could Jos Meerten jumped into his seat, fasten seatbelt and drove right out of the pits, already having a lap down behind the rest of the field. Jos did a great first stint, setting a 1:41:7 as his personal fastest lap and coming into pits in lap 35, which was surely needed, after his right front tyre punctured some corners earlier.

The 19 year old german Phil Krüger is a constant, fair and fast driver. After Cargame.nl assigned for the GTA League and having Phil Krüger, better known as Marc Romboy, seen a few quick laps doing on the Cargame.nl S2 Servers, the teamleader Dave de Beer decided to have him in the team and also doing some races for the League. P. Krüger was ready for the takeover and stood right in front of the Cargame.nl pitboxes, pulling over his overall and helmet. At this point Cargame.nl was on 27th position, because some other teams also had connection problems and timed out. Jos jumped out of his car, P. Krüger got in and drove away, trying to make the best out of the situation. Accidently the team ingeneur was calculating wrong and put to much fuel in his car, so he could have been able racing to the moon and back again. However P. Krüger was trying to set some fast laps, which wasn't easy then, because there have been already too much traffic everywhere and many blue flag situations caused. As fast as he could he slowed down to let the faster cars go ahead.

2 Hours and 70 laps in total P. Krüger called Joris to connect to the server and takeover his car. P. Krüger pitted and the drama was big when the pitcrew forgot to get new tyres on the car, which means that P. Krüger needed to drive another lap on the old wasted tyres, and letting Joris still wait nervous to get in the car. This time everything went fine and Joris from the Netherlands, living and working as an Racecar Mechanic in Germany at the moment, drove out of the pits. And if the drama wasn't enough for today, he also lost his connection after half an hour racing quite good laptimes. P. Krüger wasn't either be able to leave the pits to the paddock, or to refresh himself a bit and visit the smallest room in the house (actually the smallest room on the whole circuit). Right he got the message about Joris' incident, he put on his helmet again and prepared for racing half an hour again.

With low percentage of fuel and new tyres he tried to push a bit, making better laptimes the others from his team did and just keep the engine alive to finish the race. That was the most important thing of the rest of the race now, because the amount of failing and having a problem again was enough and shouldn't be raised to a higher level, so they won't be the one team in the whole season, which everybody is talking about in a bad way. Luckily someone spin and drove into gravel at turn 4, which caused a Safety Car Situation, just 7 minutes before the 3 Hour Race would've been ended. Safety First, thats why the race was finished under Safety Car, finishing FXR's Number 19 Team Cargame.nl on P27.

After the race we talked to Joris and Phil which weren't excited at all and made a face like it was raining 7 days long.
Just a few quotes of them we could catch while they both came back to the pits and passed our reporter:

J: "What a mess, i hope this won't happen again in the upcoming races"
M: "No well, Westhill is at next, me being one of the fastest there on Cargame Server, i guess we can do better"
J: "Litro just needs to get a better PC or Internet Connection which will stay alive more than 1 hour"
M: "Yes you're right, however it was some great race, congratulations to the drivers on the podium, all other racers and the managers of the event, doing a great job."
J: "Alrighty, lets have a beer!"

Here is the rest of the result
http://tracker.newdimensionracing.com/

Stay tuned for news and upcoming quotes or comments.
Review wrote by P. Krüger, sorry for any mistakes, bad grammar and stuff like that, i'm just a normal german guy who learned strictly boring oxford english in school

Quote :

After the SC accelerates away on restarts, the leader controls the pace and may accelerate when he choses, provided he does not overtake the SC before it crosses the first Safety Car Line (in this case, exits to course right at turn 12). THERE IS NO OVERTAKING BEFORE THE START/FINISH LINE.

directly copyd from drivers briefing
Grats to the podium! nice race
Quote from suzuki94 :directly copyd from drivers briefing

Quote :After the SC accelerates away on restarts

congrats to all
I don't know why I didn't see the green flag, I late started, sorry for the FZ in sand, in first lap or so, but I had no where to go, it was overtaking me, pushing me out of corner T2, managed to stay on track and cut the T3a but FZ wanted to go right again not having enough overlap it kind of killed itself and drifted out to the right to sand. Screwed the pit stop a bit, I just can't see where the spot is when there are no people etc. it's just drive and guess where to stop all the time.
Very good race, had to defend my position etc. both my teammates did a good job, start 8 finish 8 (if I'm not wrong), good job.
Quote from bavorak :very nice race...SC havent changed anything... I am also very satisfied with our performance...we kept the 8th qualification position... I just didnt like the commentary on the streaming on us having rubish ambitions as Lalinsky let Piropo overtake him and didnt fight back...Piropo was way faster...I think it would be absolutely useless to try to keep the position 40minutes before the finish... we just admited he is better and was racing our pace...we had a good position and didnt wanted to lose it because of some stupid risky incident...
I also heard that our car was on streaming quite often...I am glad that we could entertain people it was very difficult for me to overtake core car but at the end I was successful and during this race I picked up a lot of experience mainly in racing on opponents rear bumper...I have never been successful in this but this time I did quite well and havent done any bigger mistake
congratz to winners and all who finished race
and thanks to my teammates for doing a great job out there on the track

Thanks for the battle I knew you were faster at that point, so did what I could to keep you behind :b I'm glad you learned something from driving behind me, that's pretty rare
Grats to the podiums

Great opening on the season, good clean racing, and lots of great fights Bluflaged car did a great job letting us pass
Thanx to all the admins for making it possible for us to have all this fun in this league :Handshake

CU on Westill friends :eclipsee_
I did the last stint for mpower team (#25). As usually I couldn't get in expected pace at the beginning but it got better later.
I saw a competitor in my mirrors early after takeover. Piropo was getting closer corner by corner. I knew he is very fast, I remember his performance from online training. I thought to myself: "Would be unwise to try to keep him behind while risking our (good) position. Bear in mind you must be gentle to tires; temperature might get too high quickly in first few laps." So I haven't offered any stupid resistance and he passed me early.
The rest of the stint was without any drama till the SC phase. Then I was affraid of furious restart. What a relief to read the race is going to be finnished with SC still deployed.
Quote from bavorak :very nice race...SC havent changed anything... I am also very satisfied with our performance...we kept the 8th qualification position... I just didnt like the commentary on the streaming on us having rubish ambitions as Lalinsky let Piropo overtake him and didnt fight back...Piropo was way faster...I think it would be absolutely useless to try to keep the position 40minutes before the finish... we just admited he is better and was racing our pace...we had a good position and didnt wanted to lose it because of some stupid risky incident...

Typicall Wilko:doh: But hey the stream wouldn't be as much good as it is without him and his famous wilkoisms

Quote from reason0809 :Review wrote by P. Krüger, sorry for any mistakes, bad grammar and stuff like that, i'm just a normal german guy who learned strictly boring oxford english in school

Hey it's actually good, nicely written But why you kept writing "GTA league"...? Sounds rather awkward TBH, I was expecting a huge parody or something or this kind when I read the title.
if i remeber right, perhaps i dont because i was very tired yesteday. they sayd befor eace that you cant overtake before S/F line, still if the car infront of me doesnt line upp corectly does that meen you can pass me before green flag if you want? what about if all the cars were lined up wrong, only the 1 car right, would you then pass everyone and take 2 position?
Quote from suzuki94 :if i remeber right, perhaps i dont because i was very tired yesteday. they sayd befor eace that you cant overtake before S/F line, still if the car infront of me doesnt line upp corectly does that meen you can pass me before green flag if you want? what about if all the cars were lined up wrong, only the 1 car right, would you then pass everyone and take 2 position?

No, you get me wrong :P.

If you watch the replay I drove with my front end at about half of the number 28 car (which was in my eyes not lining up properly). When the green flag was waved (on which point you are to overtake, see rulebook), I was faster of the starting line and therefor overtook the 28 car (which isn't agains the rules).

Also on the formation lap you have to drive in your correct position until we had to form the double file. Then I took my possition, as the 3rd car of the right part of the file.

By the way, if the admins didn't find the lining up correct enough they would have called for a restart or gave me a DT penalty. These things didn't happen so I think that everything went according the rules.

I'm sorry for you if you felt that it didn't go as you expected and I respect what you're protesting about because honestly I didn't know that the deal was at the time either. I just drove as I knew the rules stated. I closed the right part of the file as I thought would be the best, not disadvantaging the car behind me.

I'm curious what the admins have to say about this, because they really can't give any of us a penalty because they didn't investigated it during the race or called upon investigating after the race. It's just something we have to care a bit more for the next race.
Well... We had a puncture
I had fun catching all those FXRs after having an accident / being pushed at T1.
Some hot moments :P
Hope next time I race for E-Team we do better...
So Congratz to everybody!
And I liked the stream and the commentaries
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Typicall Wilko:doh: But hey the stream wouldn't be as much good as it is without him and his famous wilkoisms

I am not mad at him...it is his job...our job is to drive as well as we can but with common sense..I dont regret the decision we made with Lalinsky at that point...to let Piropo pass...
after my stint I was watching stream for a while and commentators did a very good job there...sometimes off topic but it is way better than our football commentators in slovak national television...they are just terrible and it is broadcast for much more than few tens or hundreds of people
Quote from jensbrix :Thanks for the battle I knew you were faster at that point, so did what I could to keep you behind :b I'm glad you learned something from driving behind me, that's pretty rare

it was a very good battle and we both raised stream views

edit: RACE STATS http://mpowerteam.wbs.cz/stats ... 2.24.43_results_race.html
some numbers are not exact because I made the stats with 4x of normal speed...
Quote from bavorak : . . .and it is broadcast for much more than few tens or hundreds of people

I'm curious about the TV ratings. Are there any numbers about the viewership? I think 10s of people is more likely than the 100s. Deko? Wilko?
Quote from JayEyeBee :I'm curious about the TV ratings. Are there any numbers about the viewership? I think 10s of people is more likely than the 100s. Deko? Wilko?

There has been 1286 pageviews on the simsport.tv site. That's the only statistic available since multibc redesigned their website and didn't update the new pages at stats.de.
Quote from JayEyeBee :I'm curious about the TV ratings. Are there any numbers about the viewership? I think 10s of people is more likely than the 100s. Deko? Wilko?

When most of the stuff like this were broadcasted on Livestream, most of the "big" LFS events were attracting like 50-75 viewers at a time. Don't know if having the whole thing broadcasted on multiBC attracts more people but I doubt it.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :When most of the stuff like this were broadcasted on Livestream, most of the "big" LFS events were attracting like 50-75 viewers at a time. Don't know if having the whole thing broadcasted on multiBC attracts more people but I doubt it.

Pretty sure iTCC's record was like 150+ or something
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :When most of the stuff like this were broadcasted on Livestream, most of the "big" LFS events were attracting like 50-75 viewers at a time. Don't know if having the whole thing broadcasted on multiBC attracts more people but I doubt it.

It does actually. Multibc (or simsport or whateverthe ****) has a lot of german people from different sims and communities who regularly check the news. I remember an occasion with lfscart when we had about ~450 viewers, judging by ratings nowdays I would say most of them were German rFactor people attracted by our sleek posters we put up on at multibc.
Quote from Tomhah :Session of Incident: Race
Lap of incident: 2
Timecode of incident: Racetime - 2:46
Your car Number: 27
Other Car(s) Involved: 28
Brief description of incident: 28 squeezes 27 into the wall in the bend on the straight after race-start. 27 looses many positions. Unneeded squeez from car 28.

Ok, to be honest, trying to overtake there and then wondering that it goes wrong is foolish. You tried to pass and you saw that it is getting very close but you still kept going until you hit our car because there was no room left. A little blip would have prevented that situation easily. Additionally you lost exactly two places, as you started on place 7 and rejoined on place 9 at the end of the oval.

That was a risky move to do when you eagerly try to gain positions after a good start. I'm mentioning again: a little blip could have prevented that easily and you would have lost no positions.

Attached the pictures show, how you could have still lifted off and how you hit the wall first to then crash into our car aswell endangering our race too.

p.s. "unneeded squeeze from #28", i guess it could also mean: "unneeded squeeze from #27"
Attached images
gtalprotest.jpg
Lol
Quote from baSh0r :Ok, to be honest, trying to overtake there and then wondering that it goes wrong is foolish. You tried to pass and you saw that it is getting very close but you still kept going until you hit our car because there was no room left. A little blip would have prevented that situation easily. Additionally you lost exactly two places, as you started on place 7 and rejoined on place 9 at the end of the oval.

That was a risky move to do when you eagerly try to gain positions after a good start. I'm mentioning again: a little blip could have prevented that easily and you would have lost no positions.

Attached the pictures show, how you could have still lifted off and how you hit the wall first to then crash into our car aswell endangering our race too.

p.s. "unneeded squeeze from #28", i guess it could also mean: "unneeded squeeze from #27"

We were 6th when the accident took place. You squeezed us into that wall. Leaving a bit more room would got us through the turn without any problem. We were on the inside. He drove like there was no one there. There wasnt any need to lift, until you squeezed us. We went on the inside, as there was clearly room for it. Then you decided to drive like there was no one there, which ended up in contact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6FyBFqreSg

Thats my opinion, and I understand you have another one. Lets leave it at that, and wait for the Admins opinions.
If you're going to make a video at least use the correct view for the driver of that car...
Quote from boothy :If you're going to make a video at least use the correct view for the driver of that car...

Yeah, failed at that xD But still :P

Round 1: Race Discussion
(130 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG