The online racing simulator
Exchange 2003
(9 posts, closed, started )
Exchange 2003
Hi Guys,

Anybody here know Exchange 2003? if they do I need assistance in enbedding GFX into outgoing emails, and just wondering if somebody could lend a hand or point me in the write direction.

Basically, I want the company logo on all outgoing emails. I would create this as a template that all user would use.

Thanks if anybody can help

Regards

Fordie
cant help just now, as I am not at work.

But next monday I'll play around and see what I can do ...not guarenteing anything :P

but an am 50% sure you can attach a kinda sig to the bottom of emails, some how.

I am not a genus, but I will try :P
HI Pabs

Yes read that already, no use here. I have already a custom template with the usual disclaimer on it, and this is HTML. Just need to find a way to embed the company logo into the template.

This is stored on the email server, and when they click new message, the client is set to use the template.

Thanks

Shaun
Ah... now I see...hmm.......
Do you really want to EMBED the image? Imho thats a really bad idea. We use exchange 2000 and 2003 on various customer sites, including our own servers and what we do is just link the image to an external webhost. If you embedded the image you immediately boost the email size hugely.

One of our customers did it, and they dont exactly have a fast line. Within about a week their mail backup was about 50% larger, and their web connection was lagging like a bitch.

Edit:
When I say put it on a webhost I mean just dump it on a reasonable speed IIS/Apache server, and point the image src at that. All my mail signature image for work does is currently point at http://www.zen16150.zen.co.uk/sigs/ks.gif. Plus, as a bonus, if you ever need to update it, its updated on all the old emails as well
Quote from Fordman :Hi Guys,

Anybody here know Exchange 2003? if they do I need assistance in enbedding GFX into outgoing emails, and just wondering if somebody could lend a hand or point me in the write direction.

Basically, I want the company logo on all outgoing emails. I would create this as a template that all user would use.

Thanks if anybody can help

Regards

Fordie

Usually I use Exchange, but some days ago I had a difficult problem and started deciding it be means of a tool, which could work out this problem just mine - mailbox exchange recovery.
ummm..........................
This thread is closed

Exchange 2003
(9 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG