The online racing simulator
Demo driving at 170 K/h feels like 10 K/h
Have I missed something cause driving the formula 1 car in past 170 K it feels like driving in about 10 K. Absolutely NO sense of speed OR acceleration !
-
(Seb66) DELETED by Victor : spammers
-
(baSh0r) DELETED by Victor : spammers
It's not a formula 1 car for one.

and jabba.
This coupled with your other thread about LFS only having 20 cars and 7 tracks makes me think that LFS isn't your sort of game
wtfloljabba
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Quote from magicaldog :Have I missed something cause driving the formula 1 car in past 170 K it feels like driving in about 10 K. Absolutely NO sense of speed OR acceleration !

What were you hoping for? The wind in your hair? Watering eyes as you hit 95mph+?

Wider the track, the slower it feels. If you were to drive the same speed down a tight circuit, say South City, then you'd probably think the speed was fine.
-
(Jeffrey Dahmer) DELETED by Victor : spammers
-
(Seb66) DELETED by Victor : spammers
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer : Offtopic
Quote from magicaldog :Have I missed something cause driving the formula 1 car in past 170 K it feels like driving in about 10 K. Absolutely NO sense of speed OR acceleration !

Have you tried adjusting the FOV (Field of View) to get a better immersion?
#7 - 5haz
It feels even slower than LFS in real life.
#8 - garph
Hmmmmm. My guess - disgruntled or banned LFS forum member.
-
(Inouva) DELETED by Victor : spammers
-
(Amynue) DELETED by Victor : spammers
-
(Buzzn) DELETED by Victor : spammers
-
(TehPaws3D) DELETED by Victor : spammers
Quote from azasmith14 :What were you hoping for? The wind in your hair? Watering eyes as you hit 95mph+?

Wider the track, the slower it feels. If you were to drive the same speed down a tight circuit, say South City, then you'd probably think the speed was fine.

I'm used to Richard Burns Rally which has great sense of speed and acceleration and is an accurate simulator.

I'm searching for a sim that has the same sense of speed and acceleration as RBR but with tarmac tracks.

I thought LFS was the answer but obviously it is not!

Maybe they should change the name of this game to something that doesn't have the word speed in it!!
Quote from three_jump :Have you tried adjusting the FOV (Field of View) to get a better immersion?

Yes I have tried that one !
What the hell do you expect from a small car powered by a 1.2L 140bhp motorbike engine used as a car for young drivers (14+) in the junior formulas?
Quote from JO53PHS :This coupled with your other thread about LFS only having 20 cars and 7 tracks makes me think that LFS isn't your sort of game
wtfloljabba

Well 20 cars is OK but 7 tracks feels a bit limited, dont you think ?
Quote from Silverracer :Cars and tracks bring up 940 unique combinations (iirc...)

Even more if you count race cars on rallyX
Quote from magicaldog :I'm used to Richard Burns Rally which has great sense of speed and acceleration and is an accurate simulator.

I'm searching for a sim that has the same sense of speed and acceleration as RBR but with tarmac tracks.

I thought LFS was the answer but obviously it is not!

Maybe they should change the name of this game to something that doesn't have the word speed in it!!

Get yourself a license, then we can talk.

So why not having a go at the world record if things are in slow motion for you in here?
And have a better a look at what you drive, FBM is NOT AN F1 car, beacuse you are on demo, right?
- FOV is not real unless you have 3 screens
- Your chair doesn't shake
- You don't feel G forces
- There are not fake effects like in NFS games (motion blur, fake shaking of the camera, etc)

So yeah, I guess is quite normal that you don't feel it. In RBR could be because the default camera is set with a real FOV (which sucks unless you have 3 screens), ground is bumpy and because rally stages are very narrow.
RBR Feels fast because your driving down tiny roads with in many cases walls of trees at either side, on a wide track you don't get this effect.

+

Your driving a slow car.

:auto:
Quote from mcintyrej :RBR Feels fast because your driving down tiny roads with in many cases walls of trees at either side, on a wide track you don't get this effect.

+

Your driving a slow car.

Yes you're right and after trying the "real" LFS cars I see that there is a really good sense of speed and acceleration.

Now the only obstacle is to find out how we can get LFS to run with 1920 X 1080 ?

On the configuration page there is only 1280 as the max setting.

Maybe it's done with a textfile somewhere just like with RBR ?
I know that it's possible cause I've read that people use 1920 X 1080.
Really? Maybe you should look again.
Attached images
res.jpg
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Really? Maybe you should look again.

I think it depends on the resolution you're running in Windows. I cant go higher than 1280x800 (I'm limited to that in my PC).
I got 1280x1024 res on my desktop and i cant seem to go past 1600 either
#24 - Jakg
LFS displays any resolutions your GPU says it can do (and that will be restricted by the EDID settyings of your monitor).

In short - if LFS wont do the res you want (and your not using more than one screen with LFS), it's your GPU drivers / config outside of LFS thats wrong.

And RBR feels faster because your piloting a car down a road ~1.5 car widths wide at 70. LFS tracks are literally like a motorway by comparison.
Quote from EliteAti :Get yourself a license, then we can talk.

Wait, what?

Why do you people always say this? "Get a license or I'll close my ears and sing shout so that I don't hear you"?

magicaldog's interrogation in this thread is that he doesn't get a good sense of speed, and that has nothing to do with being in the demo or in the full version.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG