The online racing simulator
#1 - bkss
Profiler Problem - Need Help!
Last week I recieved, my DFGT and since then I've been having great fun with it on LFS. I was using Windows 7 64-bit, then, but on Sunday my PC ran into a few problems and is at the repair shop at the moment. So right now, I am on a laptop, using Vista 32-bit. Today I downloaded the drivers, same version as I have on my PC but I got an error.

"C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\LWEMon.exe

The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please
see the application event log for more detail."

I have tried older versions of Profiler 5.04 & 5.08, and the new 5.2 but they only recognize my wheel as a DFP. I don't understand why the same version of program doesn't work on a 32-bit version of Vista? I have downloaded the one for Vista 32-bit.

Without Profiler I can't play my game as the HID drivers don't work like they should with LFS.

Help please?
Did you tried to uninstall and install it again?
#3 - bkss
Quote from Whiskey :Did you tried to uninstall and install it again?

Done it about 10 times, with every version. 5.04, 5.08, 5.1, 5.2 .. 5.04, 5.08 & 5.2 only detected it as a DFP, 5.01 the version which is on logitech download archive doesn't start :/. I've cleaned my registry, restarted and then installed. Nothing worked
There are probably some libraries missing on your laptop. You might try reinstalling the latest service pack and updating Vista. Anyway, you don't need LWEMon to make your wheel work properly...
#5 - bkss
Quote from MadCatX :There are probably some libraries missing on your laptop. You might try reinstalling the latest service pack and updating Vista. Anyway, you don't need LWEMon to make your wheel work properly...

Well how else am I going to use my wheel properly without Profiler? I can't use FFB or even my 900* because LFS doesn't detect them. I can't even use my shifter!
If you can get the drivers installed, you can set your wheel up in Control Panel, Profiler itself is not necessary...
#7 - bkss
Quote from MadCatX :If you can get the drivers installed, you can set your wheel up in Control Panel, Profiler itself is not necessary...

i don't think your understanding my problem clearly enough. The drivers which are already installed with the wheel are correctly installed. When I goto LFS, I can't use the full 900* of the wheel because LFS detects only 90*, even if I have it set to use the full 900* in the options menu. I can't use my shifter and some of my buttons because LFS doesn't detect them, with profiler.. It tells LFS that I have a 900* wheel and LFS detects my shifter, and the buttons that it didn't detect such as the red brake bias button. So you see, I do NEED profiler to work it properly.
I understand you perfectly, but if you go to Control Panel > Printers and devices > Logitech DFGT (I'm not on Vista so I'm not 100% sure) you should be able to configure you wheel from there. If you can't, then I assume that it's not just the LWEMon which has a problem, it's rather the Logitech driver not being installed correctly (or at all). If you go to Computer > Properties > Device Manager > HID devices and try to uninstall your wheel, does Windows offer you an option to delete the driver for the wheel?
#9 - bkss
Quote from MadCatX :I understand you perfectly, but if you go to Control Panel > Printers and devices > Logitech DFGT (I'm not on Vista so I'm not 100% sure) you should be able to configure you wheel from there. If you can't, then I assume that it's not just the LWEMon which has a problem, it's rather the Logitech driver not being installed correctly (or at all). If you go to Computer > Properties > Device Manager > HID devices and try to uninstall your wheel, does Windows offer you an option to delete the driver for the wheel?

I have already checked all this, I've done everything I could think of. I am tech savvy, so I know my way around PC's & Laptops, this is why I am resulting to a forum for help. Because I'm scratching my wondering why it's not detecting it. Even in the windows wizard set-up it's doing the same things as LFS does, only picking up on certain things like 90* instead of 900* of rotation, and certain buttons. I need Profiler so I can use my wheel properly.
#10 - bkss
Solved - Solution!
I have found a solution, if anyone encounters this problem I have then simply do this.

Download a registry cleaner, scan & then remove any problems with your registry. Next goto the Logitech Gaming Software installer, set it to Compatibility Mode by right clicking on it and then selecting "Properties". Tick the "Compatibility Mode" Box, and set it to Windows XP (Service Pack 2). Then apply the changes. Then run the installed by right-clicking and selecting "Run As Administrator". It should then install as normal
I don't see what's so special about the logitech profiler, I have a G25 and I play LFS without the profiler, and everything works perfectly.
Quote from bkss :I have found a solution, if anyone encounters this problem I have then simply do this.

Download a registry cleaner, scan & then remove any problems with your registry. Next goto the Logitech Gaming Software installer, set it to Compatibility Mode by right clicking on it and then selecting "Properties". Tick the "Compatibility Mode" Box, and set it to Windows XP (Service Pack 2). Then apply the changes. Then run the installed by right-clicking and selecting "Run As Administrator". It should then install as normal

rebooting your laptop after the uninstall should have removed the reg keys.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I don't see what's so special about the logitech profiler, I have a G25 and I play LFS without the profiler, and everything works perfectly.

i have the profiler installed but i don't run it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG