The online racing simulator
Montoya
(65 posts, started )
Quote from aoun :Ok, Ill come out right and say it. Becky Rose, you are a dead set liar! Mabye if you had your facts right i would believe you, cause its highly possible for anyone. But you are saying how you cant remember and making up excuses!..

Pffftt!!

And this is a thread about Montoya.. not you!

It all sounds totally plausable to me.
#52 - wE1l
Quote from aoun :Ok, Ill come out right and say it. Becky Rose, you are a dead set liar! Mabye if you had your facts right i would believe you, cause its highly possible for anyone. But you are saying how you cant remember and making up excuses!..

Pffftt!!

Why the animosity my friend? I asked Becky to tell more about her experience racing with Button, and I enjoyed her story. And it's not the first time a post isn't related to the title of a thread, if you watch other threads as well I don't know why you should be critical about that. To be honest I can't see any motivation for her to tell lies here on this forum, I am just feeling a bit sorry for her not yet making her breakthrough.
#53 - aoun
I dnno, like i said, its highly possible for anyone, but the story to me just makes no sence.. it sounds like rubbish.. sorry but thats just what i feel. and we all went off topic..

i apoligize if i have annoyed you or offended you.
Quote :I dont think it was as far back as that tbh, I think several years later. I'm not really sure what year now as the gift of age blurs such things but I think maybe 96 season?

This is the post that tripped aoun out, because I "cant remember the details". When you are 16 like Aoun is (according to profile) every year of your life is pretty much recountable. Remembering the year you did something in particular is dead easy.

But when you are double that age, and there's all this alchohol and possibly a few drugs inbetween, then it's much harder to get an exact year of something that happened a decade ago ...
#55 - aoun
and 16 i am. I do drink (something im not proud of)and i admit i forget things but not like "age blurs" or whatever.. but i dont take drugs, so i guess i dnt understand..

like i said in the thread before, i apoligize. i over reacted..

but i still dont belive you . I just shouldnt have come out and said it like that..

PS/EDIT: Thats the main thread that tripped me.. ive heard that alot from people thats all..
Quote from Becky Rose :He looked at the wheels and asked why they where all pointing all over the place, a rear wheel with a strange camber angle, odd caster on another wheel, toe in on a rear wheel toe out on a front etc, you get the idea, "Why do you have the car setup with the wheels all over the place."

u cant change camber or castor angles on a TKM, let alone on the rear wheels, u had had a majorly bent axle if sum1 could see that! impossible to race on!
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :u cant change camber or castor angles on a TKM, let alone on the rear wheels, u had had a majorly bent axle if sum1 could see that! impossible to race on!

Nothings impossible. I saw Loeb get his Citreon back to service with no rear wheels at all.
The axle was bent on that kart once but was straightened, the chasis is what was bent but it didnt seem to effect performance. The engine mount was askew and the front was warped.

Aoun will love this but, I dont really remember how badly that chasis was bent on a given race day. It certainly had been through the wars as I bought it off my brother and in all we had that chasis about 4 years between us and it was second hand to start with although we mostly ran Pro's at the time (and indeed always have).

What I actually remember is it being a bit wonky, and I remember Jenson coming up to me twice in the pits and mocking the setup, and I remember keeping on eye on how well he was doing as a result (I think he was running the 0 plate, interestingly) anyway I was ahead of him in every race and only lost out the once after the exhaust silencer fell off and I got the orange dotted flag. We met on two race weekends (I only turned up from time to time and didnt compete the TKM championship in full).

As Tristan says it's not story telling when getting into this kind of detail, far better to say "it was bent" than to say "the right rear had 2 extra spacers on it because the engine mount was wonky and the front wheels where askew".

My memory of Jenson was of an arrogant little shit who thought he was better than me but who couldn't prove it on the track. When I heard (on telly years later) him being talked about as likely to be in F1 the following year I remember laughing and saying some rude words.
Quote from Becky Rose :The axle was bent on that kart once but was straightened, the chasis is what was bent but it didnt seem to effect performance. The engine mount was askew and the front was warped.

Bent chassis is the worst of the lot to try fix, well from my experience. We bent it back into shape with a big pole and some heavy friends jumping on it but it just went out of shape again by the end of the race day.

We had nothing but problems with that chassis so we were more than happy to wave goodbye to it The guy who bought it wanted it for a mess around kart so I doubt he really noticed.

Keiran
#60 - aoun
Quote :Aoun will love this but, I dont really remember how badly that chasis was bent on a given race day. It certainly had been through the wars as I bought it off my brother and in all we had that chasis about 4 years between us and it was second hand to start with although we mostly ran Pro's at the time (and indeed always have).

lmao just rub it in lol!

Pffftt!!

How isn't it possible for Becky to have raced Button illepall Just because they are Formula One drivers doesn't mean they didn't have to work up the ranks. I've actually got race programmes from when my Dad raced karts about 15 years ago (maybe even further back) with the likes of David Coulthard featuring a lot.

On the Button topic, if he doesn't start beating Rubens then he may as well kiss goodbye to getting anywhere. Button has been at BAR for how many years now ? and now someone who just joined the team is starting to show him how to drive.

Britain's next hope in my opinion is Lewis Hamilton, he has been very impressive in everything he has driven.

Keiran
Britain's next hope in my opinion is Lewis Hamilton, he has been very impressive in everything he has driven

I agree 100%

Ps dont listen to the knockers BR.....from what ive heard about JB you are spot on, and ive seen you drive on LFS so i believe you.
#63 - aoun
Quote from keiran :How isn't it possible for Becky to have raced Button illepall Just because they are Formula One drivers doesn't mean they didn't have to work up the ranks. I've actually got race programmes from when my Dad raced karts about 15 years ago (maybe even further back) with the likes of David Coulthard featuring a lot.

On the Button topic, if he doesn't start beating Rubens then he may as well kiss goodbye to getting anywhere. Button has been at BAR for how many years now ? and now someone who just joined the team is starting to show him how to drive.

Britain's next hope in my opinion is Lewis Hamilton, he has been very impressive in everything he has driven.

Keiran

Keiran, its over. I still dont believe her but i apoligized for over-reacting. I would appreaiate it if you left it alone. Why do i have to believe her just cause its easily possible?
That is amazing............the guy has guts.

Montoya
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG