The online racing simulator
Windows 7 Gadgets
(32 posts, started )
Windows 7 Gadgets
Here are a few windows 7 gadgets
they are not 'polished' but...............
all use idk access which can be setup in the lfs desktop.(ses my lfsw settings then pustat access)
you wil need to unzip these files in your c:\program files\windows sidebar\Gadgets directory.
and then add a gadget in the normal way.
all source is there so feel free to amend /improve.
i only really did them to see how gadgets work but i thought they might be useful so here they are:-
1) a gadget to monitor the online status of a user
2) a gadget to wait for a host to be right for you
( you set track /layout/ direction and minimium no of drivers and it gives you a list that you can then watch /join etc)
3) a gadget to monitor a couple of hosts (currently WCL) but easy to change
4) a gadget to monitor for new LFS wr
Attached files
lfsrstalk.Gadget.zip - 45.8 KB - 296 views
lfsserver.Gadget.zip - 46.2 KB - 250 views
lfswc2l.Gadget.zip - 41.7 KB - 227 views
lfswr.Gadget.zip - 45.6 KB - 213 views
Sounds awsome, but how do you edit what hosts it monitors?
i should really create an 'options' for that but as i said it needs finishing.
but it is easy to do . open your notepad and drop the file wcl2remote.html in and see the lines:-
f.src = "http://www.lfsworld.net/hoststatus/?h=[WCL]+Rallycross+Demo";

and

f.src = "http://www.lfsworld.net/hoststatus/?h=[WCL]+S2+Server";

and change to the server(s) you want

and then to change the buttons titles change the value="xx" part of the line below:-
<input type="button" value="DEMO" onclick="Reload('r1')">
</TD><TD><input type="button" value="s2" onclick="Reload('r2')"></TD><TD></form>
then resave the file.
you will need to save the file in another directory and then copy back as notepad is not allowed to save in the gadget directory (windows nanny state) hope this helps. when i get a chance i will add this option . if you have problem let me know what servers you want and i will amend.
Sounds interesting. How about rainmeter? I HATE windows sidebar...
I was able to change servers, but for some reason I cant install the gadget

I run Windows7 64bit

EDIT: figured it out, had to use "c:\program files (x86)\windows sidebar\Gadgets directory."

Is there any way to change background colour? the servers I use got white writing
Quote from LARK2355 :hi glad you got it working.
this post should help you http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1444284 with font etc.

I'm not able to get a understanding of how the coding works(I'm not into web design).

Could you have a look at my file?
I have 3 servers included, and would like the "buttons" side by side if possible.
(if the widget gets wider, it wont matter)

And if possible, get the bacground gray, or dark red?
Attached files
™DB Ver. lfswc2l.Gadget.zip - 57 KB - 160 views
i have modified the gadget as requested .
may only work with ie installed.
if you use other browsers i dont know if sidebar will work these commands ( it uses XMLHttpRequest() ) .
Attached files
lfswc2lv2.Gadget.zip - 57.3 KB - 137 views
dont know about rainmaker but if you want to drop formated hostdata into it and cant use php then the method i used to help wolf above may solve your problem
Quote from LARK2355 :i have modified the gadget as requested .
may only work with ie installed.
if you use other browsers i dont know if sidebar will work these commands ( it uses XMLHttpRequest() ) .

Thanks alot, got way better
I still want the gadget a bit wider though, so I can use my prefered names on the buttons

This is realy a helpfull tool, good job

EDIT:

After the latest edit, the onlinestatus does not work, it says the server is constantly empty
hi yes you are quite right windows fails to clear its buffer sometimes.so i have added a date to end of request to make it unique and therefore reload.
gadget size is the width in the body of the style file ie:- width: 304px;
max width of a gadget is 350px
i have increased to 304px and amended as above in zip below
Attached files
lfswc2lv2.Gadget.zip - 57.3 KB - 142 views
Quote from LARK2355 :hi yes you are quite right windows fails to clear its buffer sometimes.so i have added a date to end of request to make it unique and therefore reload.
gadget size is the width in the body of the style file ie:- width: 304px;
max width of a gadget is 350px
i have increased to 304px and amended as above in zip below

Awsome, the update works, and I can fit all the button names

Get an error on one of the servers(link: http://www.lfsworld.net/pubsta ... B+%28SL-Mod%29DriftBeasts ).
If I add the server name, I get no info, just an error: "Hostname cannot be longer than 32 characters"
Is this becouse of the added refresh code? and is there any way to work around this?
I could probably change server name, if I get my hands on my host :P

Love the work so far, and tank you for your paciance with me(or how the heck it is spelled :P )
works for me.
Awsome, I love you dude xD
I tweaked the size of stuff, an I'm realy happy with the result<3
Attached files
™DB server status.zip - 57.2 KB - 155 views
updated version
here is an updated version
all above in one gadget
customisable using settings
bug fixed incorrect wr times shown
up to 4 servers to monitor
up to 4 users to monitor
larger/small option added

bug :- i noticed that in the morning you need to go into settings to display correctly. i will fix with any other request when i get a chance..sorry
Attached files
lfs.Gadget.zip - 14.5 KB - 170 views
Sounds awsome, could you give some guidelines regarding what to put where in the settings file?
hi
when i say settings i pehaps should have said options. click the spanner that appears on the windows tool bar ar you hover over the ggadget.

use tick box to show
world records
or/and
track racer
or/and
show track
or/and
watch server(s)
and your idk (needed for all data except server display)

to change the options for the above click on the text and a window will show allowing you to change what is show for the corespending option ie
ie
track racer will allow you to enter racer 1-4
show track will ask you wat track/no of racers direction etc
watch server will ask for a label(tittle) and the server name dont forget to use full encoding ie [WCL]+Rallycross+Demo if you are not sure on how a server is encoded you can see its format when lfsremote is used in the http address.
(you could use the show track to find it and click on the 'i' )
the display show every section with a 6 second delay as the status info is allowed only every 5 seconds from lfs server unless you pay for priority stats
and the whole data is refreshed every 10 minuites.
if any one wants it different or has a need for and pays for priority access then let me know and i will try to satisfy.
hi can you give a little more detail between the second, and the third one. i dont quite get the exact difference, but am interested.

how much cpu does this take up.
hi yes the 2nd option you can see all host that meet you selection ie you couldd list all hosts that are on the ky oval track with at least 5 racers online in a forward direction.
where as the 3rd option is usefull to constanly watch a server a set server ie wcl demo
*note the updated version 25th november is better as you can do both. and you can let it do nothing in background and then go into option when you want to monitor lfs.Also the options are all set in the settings/options spanner of the gadget rather than hard coded.
il try out the updated version then

EDIT: how do you install this
see original post
unzip file into:-
c:\program files (x86)\windows sidebar\Gadgets directory
if you are using windows 7 in 32 bit mode
or
c:\program files\windows sidebar\Gadgets directory
if you are using windows 7 in 64 bit mode

then it should appear with the other gadgets ( with the right click gadgets option)
if not try the other directory
dont forget you will need to get an idk ,
which can be setup in the lfs desktop.(ses my lfsw settings then pustat access)
how do i change what server i am monitering? and what do all the labels, and buttons do? i can click on the default server i am looking at (wcl demo) and it does nothing, and next to it says label, but it also does nothing.

Windows 7 Gadgets
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG