The online racing simulator
This Is LFS [WIP]
(34 posts, started )
#1 - evans
This Is LFS [WIP]
Right, I started on this yesterday, so there's a lot to work on still.
I plan to fix the black/white part and the gaps in between the blurred and red parts. I'm also going to extend the "LFS S2" stillphoto a little bit so there won't be a gap there.

Sadly, I can't do anything about the messages in LFS, but I hope you'll ignore it (edit: I have tried the MPR Message Block 1 trick in the CFG, but it didn't do anything)

Tell me your likes and dislikes so far

"This is LFS" V0.01 (RAR Archive - 13.22MB)
http://www.yousendit.com/trans ... amp;ufid=12DC8DE57CC042D9
http://files.filefront.com/THI ... /;5158053;;/fileinfo.html (very kindly uploaded by Shinanigans )

"This is LFS" V0.05 (RAR Archive - 17.5MB)
http://www.yousendit.com/trans ... amp;ufid=02AF062064E51A03
I'll upload to FileFront later edit: I don't want to register an account there.. if someone with an account wants to upload it there, you have my permission..

Changelog V0.01-V0.05:
- Corrected known bugs
- Added new footage from Kyoto Oval, Blackwood GP featuring the BF1 and the GTR cars
- Added new still-photos

Known bugs in V0.05:
- In the last set of stills the 2 last photos are out of sync
- The gap between some clips are still quite big
- Section 52s-57s can be a bit confusing

Enjoy
Good start.. And I believe there's a setting in the cfg file to turn off messages in MPR's.

Not sure what it is since I'm not on a PC with LFS on, but it exists
#3 - evans
Quote from Ryanry64 :Good start.. And I believe there's a setting in the cfg file to turn off messages in MPR's.

Not sure what it is since I'm not on a PC with LFS on, but it exists

Thanks for the comment and the tip
#4 - LawVS
Oooh, very slick editing in the last 10 seconds there. And what effect did you use for those gold hue transitions from black? That looks awesome.

Yeah, it's looking good at the moment.
#5 - evans
Quote from LawVS :Oooh, very slick editing in the last 10 seconds there. And what effect did you use for those gold hue transitions from black? That looks awesome.

Yeah, it's looking good at the moment.

Thank you It's gaussian blur and channel mixing on the gold/red shots
I just think it feels a bit empty in between those clips
Gotta shoot some more footage either tonight or tomorrow.
Sounds like a good video but i can't watch it... Downloading from that link at 0.2kB/sec atm. Any chance you could upload it somewhere else?
#7 - evans
Quote from joshdifabio :Sounds like a good video but i can't watch it... Downloading from that link at 0.2kB/sec atm. Any chance you could upload it somewhere else?

Yeah, but I don't want to upload it to rapidshare because people always whine about how slow it is and how sucky it is because of the download limit. Any other hostsites?
#8 - Vain
The hoster worked flawlessly for me (240kb/sec) and everytime I used it in the past. Actually yousendit.com is one of my favorite hosters.

I really liked the video, though in the middle the pace of the video and the music weren't evenly matched. You might need to edit the soundtrack or go for a different music that keeps the pace throughout the complete video. The last 10 seconds where very nice! (Here music and video had the same pace, worked great!) Keep up the great work!

Vain
Can't get that to work in firefox or ie :/. Oh well, don't worry about finding another host for me if it's ok for everyone else. I can wait for the finished article .
Love it so far! Great choice in music

In the black out parts, they seemed to last a little too long while you were waiting to match up the video with the music. Maybe slow down the motion of the video so it takes up more time in the music and eliminates the need for such long blackouts...
edit: just read your first post again and you said that you're going to edit those. But i'll just leave this here anyway

Love the effects though, and as said above, brilliant editing in the last few seconds.

What program are you using to edit? I've really got to get something better then Windows Movie Maker
edit: i should really read posts better. You're using Adobe Premier Pro, yes?
Quote from Shinanigans :Love it so far! Great choice in music

In the black out parts, they seemed to last a little too long while you were waiting to match up the video with the music. Maybe slow down the motion of the video so it takes up more time in the music and eliminates the need for such long blackouts...
edit: just read your first post again and you said that you're going to edit those. But i'll just leave this here anyway

Love the effects though, and as said above, brilliant editing in the last few seconds.

What program are you using to edit? I've really got to get something better then Windows Movie Maker

Adobe Premiere Pro, and like I said in the first post, it's a pain in the ass to work with. The preview function that is built into the program is crap so to get a good idea of what you've just made you have to export the video, which can take pretty long.
Anyways, a good idea that. I'm also thinking about recording some newer and longer clips for that part, so there wont be those huge gaps, but I wont have to slow down the video either.
YouTube? Google Video? They could use some quality LFS vids. Some of the LFS crap on there is starting to make us look bad.
Quote from TiJay :YouTube? Google Video? They could use some quality LFS vids. Some of the LFS crap on there is starting to make us look bad.

There aren't any quality videos on those two sites because they're lame Poor quality encoding on both sites.

I'm getting som new material ATM. Expect more than just an FOX race at AS Historic - remember, This is LFS.
New version up lads
Progressing really nice, can't wait for the final movie...
Quote from evans :The preview function that is built into the program is crap so to get a good idea of what you've just made you have to export the video

Try draft quality? Solid ~20-30 fps on my 2.4g celeron.

About the video, good advertisement for the fraps website, shaky fps, pretty neat otherwise.
Nice progresion, cant wait to see it finished.
Quote from filur :Try draft quality? Solid ~20-30 fps on my 2.4g celeron.

About the video, good advertisement for the fraps website, shaky fps, pretty neat otherwise.

Will try it out
I'm sorry about the shaky FPS, but my computer just can't record with Fraps like it used to. LFS runs at 6-10 FPS while Fraps is recording at 30. I record at 0.25x speed (sometimes 0.125x) and quadruple the FPS of the AVI to 120 to get the smoothest film. Any flaws that are in the final movie are because of Premiere Pro, because the parts I have recorded are smooth as silk!
#22 - SamH
Quote from evans :Will try it out
I'm sorry about the shaky FPS, but my computer just can't record with Fraps like it used to. LFS runs at 6-10 FPS while Fraps is recording at 30. I record at 0.25x speed (sometimes 0.125x) and quadruple the FPS of the AVI to 120 to get the smoothest film. Any flaws that are in the final movie are because of Premiere Pro, because the parts I have recorded are smooth as silk!

One fix you might try, which worked for me, change the colour depth of LFS to 16-bit if it's currently 32-bit. I had the 6fps problem recording from LFS, and it went straight up to 30fps when I switched. Might solve the problem for you too
#23 - Jakg
not bad, nice video altho the messages and the fraps things dont help, altho they are easily fixed, just seen an [MG] member screwing it up in it!

EDIT - When you say slow pc, i wonder if i should try frapsing for a vid, would a 64 4000+ and a 6600 GT be quick enough?
Quote from Jakg :would a 64 4000+ and a 6600 GT be quick enough?

More than enough. I capture my movies on a god forsaken 2.4 P4. Remember to capture at 15fps and speed up the captured clips to 30fps.
Quote from Jakg :not bad, nice video altho the messages and the fraps things dont help, altho they are easily fixed, just seen an [MG] member screwing it up in it!

EDIT - When you say slow pc, i wonder if i should try frapsing for a vid, would a 64 4000+ and a 6600 GT be quick enough?

Like I said in some other post in this thread, I've tried to get rid of the messages, but it's no good.

This Is LFS [WIP]
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG