The online racing simulator
LFS Racing - International FZ5/RAC Championship
Hi all!
Yesterday, after reading about the movie competition I decided to start learning editing videos myself. This is my first video ever made. I only started learning today, but I wanted to try out how hard is it, so I made a short video containing racing action from International FZ5/RAC Championships Round 4. I must admit I didn't use much time to make it, but I could have done better if I would take my time, but that wasn't the goal for this video. It was only to see if I was even able to do something, testing some effects, colors, FPS etc. It was a short practice for Video Competition where I will enter with a video and I will try much harder for that one.

andRo. presents

Youtube Video Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_qUF4xvw5g

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/17413257/movie.wmv

Enjoy! I am still looking for criticisms, so don't be scared and say what you think.

BTW, I really enjoyed editing the video, so you'll see more coming from me in future. Everything was done by me, no tutorials or suggestions used.
hi from germany

I would be happy about a download link!
I didn't upload the VERY best quality, since it is a large file, but I uploaded .mwv file which is also in a watchable quality. The video is nothing special, so I didn't want to waste my time with the big file. When my videos will get better, then I will do everything properly.

Anyway, here is the link: http://www.filefront.com/17413257/movie.wmv
pretty good!
thanks for the dl link!

for a first movie ever this is pretty good imo. I don't like the blur effect after 0:24 (it does fit to the part of the song but maybe it's just a bit too much blur), also you forgot to remove the virtual mirror in the subsequent scene. but other than that I can't really think of anything to criticize. loved the colours, gave it a different look from the default lfs graphics! I want more
Some help for you:

- The beginning is way to harsh andro. You should fade from black or something. The same for the music, you could fade it in, from silent to normal volume. The Video should start not at 0/1sek, but rather at 2-3sek.
- Black crossfades must be good syncronized. Example at 0.11. The screen should only disappear to black, if the syncro with the music is perfect. The same if it appear again with to the raceclip. But you hit that very good at 0.12 and the next ones.
- If the music is lowing down, slowmotion is a good example.
- Try some faster / more camerachanges and don't use default cockpit view. I made the same mistake too. Looking badly. A example for that, is behind the driver at the backseats or views on the car, like over the spoiler/at the rear or something.

Great Musicchoice andRo, you hit it very nice.
But remember, try to cut the clips exactly with the musicbeat. If you hit that, the specatator is doing some headbanging.
And the graphics are awesome. That's what I like mostly. Great.

Nice work buddy. Like it. Keep it.
Thanks everyone!
FireMike, thanks a lot for the suggestions, I will keep every one of them in my mind when making next video.
Quote from FireMike15 :Some help for you:

- The beginning is way to harsh andro. You should fade from black or something. The same for the music, you could fade it in, from silent to normal volume. The Video should start not at 0/1sek, but rather at 2-3sek.
- Black crossfades must be good syncronized. Example at 0.11. The screen should only disappear to black, if the syncro with the music is perfect. The same if it appear again with to the raceclip. But you hit that very good at 0.12 and the next ones.
- If the music is lowing down, slowmotion is a good example.
- Try some faster / more camerachanges and don't use default cockpit view. I made the same mistake too. Looking badly. A example for that, is behind the driver at the backseats or views on the car, like over the spoiler/at the rear or something.

Great Musicchoice andRo, you hit it very nice.
But remember, try to cut the clips exactly with the musicbeat. If you hit that, the specatator is doing some headbanging.
And the graphics are awesome. That's what I like mostly. Great.

Nice work buddy. Like it. Keep it.

As the man said Especially concerning cams changes, the scenes are a bit too long for my likings too. Seems like you messed up with the LFS sounds while recording also, it seems to be going up and down.

Just something else I noticed, you forgot to remove the artificial visors on onboard footages. Just keep the actual ones.

Otherwise it's quite enjoyable
#9 - MoT3C
Nice!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG