The online racing simulator
Drag TAG - Virtual Drag Racing -
Drag TAG is a new and unique Australian conception and a world first drag racing simulation. Imagine being able to drive your own car within a virtual world at any location imaginable. Here, you don’t need to worry about roll cages, helmets or oil downs as drivers can race their cars as fast as they’re able to within a completely risk free environment.

DRAG TAG Official Site - http://site.dragtag.com.au/
DRAG TAG Photo Gallery - http://site.dragtag.com.au/gallery.php

I would love to see this kind of thing and Live for Speed....
So what's the deal, your car is actually controlling the sim, based on it's Dyno outputs? That would be really really cool, virtual street racing with real cars.
It's still a fairly new thing. It's not as popular as it could be because it costs over $500AUD just to go on it.... Way too expensive. They have to weld brackets to the underneath of your car too, which most people don't want them touching their cars...

I won't ever go on it until the price is halved. It does look like a lot of fun though!

EDIT: Looks like they've brought down their prices!!

Quote :Basic Package to RACE

Lock Down System only: $195.00

Supply & fit pull down brackets
Vehicle Induction & information
Vehicle identification card
Lanyard & Torch

Drivers Induction & Competitors licence. $60.00

#4 - JTM29
I visted Drag-Tag last year, they showed us a couple demo runs, with a Ford V Holden action, then they showed us the curcuit tag, now that was awsome, they take all the details of you car like weight and such, put it into the computer than you get on the dyno like the drag but race around a curcuit. Its pretty awsome, the factory is booming with the sounds of the V8's going flat stick. I would definately be doing it if there was one local..
I didnt think computer game loading times where an issue any more - but this seems to take an age to fire up ! ...

It's a great idea, but the photo's do not seem to show the car being thrown around on hydraulics so I it looks like you would get less feedback than using an FF wheel ... which sounds quite ironic given your sitting in a real car. Compared to LFS, do you just get noise and a less comfy chair? And of course find out that your engine has lost a bucket load of horsepower since it left the factory 15 years ago...
^ ahahaha ^

Anyways, this sounds quite cool. Looks like a good, thing, and LFS probably could get a nudge for it. This needs to get out of Australia, lol. I wonder however how they'd make the G-feel, and such things, and the limits of the machine. Imagine placing an F1 on that thing.... ahaha.
really, really wierd imo im happy with my lfs thanks lol

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG