2010-2011 Test Race 1 Qualifying, Discussion & Results
Qualifying

Race

Replays

Qualifying
Race
#2 - kaynd
Intresting results.
The boothy chicane favors GT0 FXR a lot, since GT0 rwd cars struggle to put power down in tight corners.
XRR will have to sacrifice some of its straight speed in order to get more stable. Right now it can’t thansfer it's power to the road efficiently. On the other hand, even with 17F 13R wings it reaches 280km/h easily so I think with a bit more setup development it will be quite competitive with FZR. If only it didn’t get stuck to the sand traps so easily.:ouch: Still, FXR lacks absolute speed in both straights and corners, but it’s more controllable in certain situations and in this class, this plays a major role.

For GT2 and GT3 classes, traction is more than enough for all cars. XRR and FZR seem to be nicely balanced here. As for FXR.. business as usual.
but hey 1sec slower per lap isn’t that bad. If someone makes no mistakes,driving the FXR, he stands a chance to finish someware midfield.

Actually it wasn’t as bad as I expected to be. (In terms of class balance)
But not many really tried for their best, or had a proper setup, so I believe that things might change when true competition “kicks in”.
Many drivers were discussing the balancing after the race, and most agreed on the fact that more testing is obviously needed in only a select few cars. I'll post a summary of what we were talking about.

GT1: FZR is quicker like what was expected, however with some smart driving you can make it one hour stints. This makes it pretty even start of stint, however once the FZR fuel load starts to drop it starts to widen the gap toward the XRR. Egon did an amazing first stint in FZR, and we will need an amazing stint in XRR to compare so admins can make a decision on some form of balance for the two.

GT2: Not finished, XRR's optimum was found AFAIK today. FZR should be getting a good test Sunday.

GT3: Prior testing by a select few and it seemed relatively balanced already. XRR is a tad quicker start of stint, but FZR makes it up in the end.

Estimated times after Saturday testing:
GT1:
XRR: 11.5-11.8 start, 9.5-9.8 end.
FZR: 11.5 start, low 9 end.

GT2:
XRR: 17.3-17.5 start, 15.9-16.1 end.
FZR: Unknown (Have seen it start with 17.3 however).

GT3:
XRR: 23.8 start, Unknown end.
FZR: 24.1 start, Unknown end.

Important cars to test:
GT1 XRR
GT2 FZR
GT1-3 FXR if anyone plans on running it.

Pretty successful day, hopefully tomorrow will bring the same.
FXR in the fastest class looks competitive to me. Same straight line speed as the FZR and faster through the corners, so it could actually be worth choosing for once.

Simon actually had sectors for a 9.7 in the XRR today. Although Egon and Maddee managed 9.3s, Egon did all his best sectors on the same lap and Maddee's best sectors only came to a 9.2 so I think the best lap times are a bit misleading.

It looks like Spicy and Phil have got GT2 covered .

It'd be good if we could get a couple of the aliens involved, really, since you can trust them to get pretty much everything out of the cars. Seems they're a bit difficult to summon nowadays... :P
Phil, did you have a look at Marcelo's GT2 FZR stint? He was quite quick...
Yeah josh I know the xrr times today were not its optimal pace, but through the week before this race the best we had seen were 10 flats with tb at 9.7. Sunday needs to be the day to find the optimum times for xrr before any balancing should be taken place.

And yes Ben I saw his stint, but I didn't know if he had put much practice in to know how fast those times were. No offense to him of course, just wanted to make sure those times were correct.
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
#7 - kaynd
Quote from PMD9409 :Important cars to test:
GT1 XRR
GT2 FZR
GT1-3 FXR if anyone plans on running it.

Where is TDRT when you need them for some FXR testing

I am sharing the GT0 FXR and XRR test settings I made for my team in case someone wants to try and doesn't have anything to start with.
I think they are pretty easy to drive. (I know, R4 for the back tires of XRR are not realy that effective in the long run. But they are quite forgiving in small drifts)
Attached files
FXR_ky3 GT0 kd ed1.set - 132 B - 688 views
XRR_ky3 GT0 kd test.set - 132 B - 672 views

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG