The online racing simulator
Skinning Improvements
(9 posts, started )
#1 - Soper
Skinning Improvements
Well, as I am a Skinner I know some corners that in my opinion cause some difficulties. I think many of us would agree. Perhaps other problems can follow here. So for example:

The FXR, FZR and the XRR all have lil winglets at he Front. Accurate painting is nearly impossible. You always have a bleeding across the edges. (see attachments). Now my question is:

Is it possible to seperate those winglets (like the mirrors) to paint them easier? I mean actually the winglets are paintable ot the sideviews of the skin. Mirrors are in the downer right corner. Can u handle those winglets like the mirrors? Theres still plenty of room.

Here you can see what I mean (1st is the issue, 2nd my suggestion)
Attached images
issue1.jpg
imp_Skin.JPG
Use a template with vector meshes, and this problem is almost gone. Also, use higher res skins (eg 4048) to get rid of it even more.

For 512 skins (LFSW) then a bit of colour bleed won't be noticed...
#3 - Soper
Well, what you mentioned is correct and I know what to do - believe me. But think about those "non-Pros" I mean someone who is just starting. Personally I think it will fasten this little work up and sorry I hate it when it bleeds. I want to make REALLY clean skins and this will make it faster and easier....
yep.. this would be SOOO helpfull if those were taken off from the side of the skin, its hard enough trying to get that slim curve... right and not onto the body of the car
#5 - Gunn
Just to elaborate on Grey Fox's post, the "bleeding" is normal when JPG compression is used. It happens on the kanards (winglets) as one colour bleeds into the next at adjacent pixels. At high resolutions it is less noticeable but impossible to avoid.

It would be nice to have these mapped seperately. The Spoiler on the FXR, though less prominent than the XFR, for example, would also be good if mapped seperately.
Yeah, I agree this can be quite annoying. And I really don't get why the FZR and XFR have a seperate front wing-colouring area and the FXR and XRR don't...
#7 - Lible
Use Bunta`s Skin kits. There are special frame for these(just need to overwrite color etc)
Quote from Lible :Use Bunta`s Skin kits. There are special frame for these(just need to overwrite color etc)

I downloaded the pro-kit for the XRR from Master Skinnerz, but it doesn't have special areas for the winglets nor the front wing.

I have tried to skin the front wing on the XRR neatly, but one pixel gets stretched over the edge in a 1024 skin, so it's a choice between bleeding onto the body or bleeding onto the wing...

Having seperate areas for all wings and winglets will not only make skinning easier, it will also ensure skins looking as they are supposed to at lower resolutions.
Quote from Soper :Is it possible to seperate those winglets (like the mirrors) to paint them easier? I mean actually the winglets are paintable ot the sideviews of the skin. Mirrors are in the downer right corner. Can u handle those winglets like the mirrors? Theres still plenty of room.

Also: a little gap between the mirror stems and mirror, and a separation of the FXR's spoiler from the rest of the front part (like in the FZR where it's placed in the front windshield). Not to mention gaps for the fenders of the GTR cars would be nice so we don't get the bleeding and if they're properly projected we don't get the stretching either.

Skinning Improvements
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG