The online racing simulator
Is this really allowed???
(43 posts, started )
Look at the attachment, the name and the slots!!! I am a Demo Racer. What The Hell???

I went in the server, and i asked if the server was racist. One of them said "are you black?", I said what does it matter what colour I am? To this they replied "bye n!gger (sorry mods and devs) " And banned me!!!!!

This surely can't be allowed can it?

unfortunatly i wasnt expecting to be banned so i didnt get a replay sorry
Attached images
Picture1.jpg
thats rediculous

in lfs it dont matter what color u are, neither does it in real life :S

u know what annoys me, when jobs require u to fill out a form saying weather u are black/white/liverpudlian because they want to represent the whole country in their organisation.

surely it doesnt matter because they should take people on for merit, not that they are black or female.
GRRRRRRRRRRR
@Spud - no, it is not allowed, but being a demo server not a whole can be done about it I'd imagine. Maybe the devs could introduce some sort of word filter. Aside from that, I don't think anything else would solve it..
While I don't agree with their point of view, I think that people should be able to operate servers as they wish. I definitely do not want to see LFS start down the slippery slope of censorship.
You know what the saddest thing is about what you (ayrton senna 87) just said? They need to ask that kind of stuff, and you know why? If they only hire white people, they say they are discriminating, or racist, so they are forced to keep a certain amount of black people, so they don't get accused of anything.

I'm not really a racist, but the problem is, that immigrants use the word pretty fast, and if you're white, it seems like you can't be the one that's assaulted. It always seems to be that a black racist doesn't exist. But if a white person responds to a black guy when he's in your face... You're a racist, but never the other way around!

I'm gonna go to sleep now, I always get carried away in this kinda stuff. I really don't have anything against black people, but sometimes you just don't get another choice, I can hate a white man just as much as a black man... But hating the black guy makes me a racist
Quote from Cue-Ball :While I don't agree with their point of view, I think that people should be able to operate servers as they wish. I definitely do not want to see LFS start down the slippery slope of censorship.

But being racist should be a VERY BANNABLE OFFENCE!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
This will get ugly quick ..close this thread..
Of course its wrong, does this worry anyone in the the current world climate.
Its childish madness

John
Quote from Spudster :But being racist should be a VERY BANNABLE OFFENCE!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

A name is just a name. They may not necessarily be racist. It could simply be intended as humorous, albeit perhaps not for everyone. I once had a black friend who called me”Pure Aryan Bastard", although I am certainly not racist, nor am I a Nazi. It was simply a joke. There are many points of view out there, conflicting religions, confliction opinions, etc. Even the racists should be allowed to express their view or name themselves as they see fit, even if the rest of us think they're idiots. To keep it in perspective, it is just some printed text on a screen. I don't suspect that will bring harm to anyone.
Quote from rabidmaddog :A name is just a name. They may not necessarily be racist. It could simply be intended as humorous, albeit perhaps not for everyone. I once had a black friend who called me”Pure Aryan Bastard", although I am certainly not racist, nor am I a Nazi. It was simply a joke. There are many points of view out there, conflicting religions, confliction opinions, etc. Even the racists should be allowed to express their view or name themselves as they see fit, even if the rest of us think they're idiots. To keep it in perspective, it is just some printed text on a screen. I don't suspect that will bring harm to anyone.

They had a server called "n!gger n!gger out out (sorry mods + devs)"

I asked them if it was a racist server, they asked me if I was a "n!gger"

I asked them what does it matter

They said "bye n!gger D***H***!!!" and banned me.

Are you still sure about what you said becuase I think that that is morally and legally wrong IMO.
I think Andy Rooney handles issues like this the best.

Here are a few of Andy’s opinions.

"I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United
Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine,
White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us
our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"?

Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else

And if you don't like my point of view, tough... "
sorry for the interruption.

And just want to add, please keep it a civilised discussion. And remember, a truly free world can only exist if you can call anyone anything you want without repercussions. But let's keep things in good taste.
And ohyeah, this is a sim forum - people here might not be experts on this subject
Quote from Victor :sorry for the interruption.

And just want to add, please keep it a civilised discussion. And remember, a truly free world can only exist if you can call anyone anything you want without repercussions. But let's keep things in good taste.
And ohyeah, this is a sim forum - people here might not be experts on this subject

I couldn't say it any better myself.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Trust the Dutch guy to put it all in perspective.

While we're enjoying our freedoms, I'd like to say that Andy Rooney is an ignorant dickhead.

LOL. Now that made me laugh
Not everyone likes Andy Rooney I suppose. Even I disagree with him once in a while. I think he makes some good points now and then however.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
Quote from thisnameistaken :Have you ever noticed that it's always privileged white people who talk about how political correctness is a bad thing? The only point he makes, really, is that he's oh-so inconvenienced by having to be nice to minorities.

Here in England we often get the right-wing tabloid press writing the same stories; some school somewhere's banned "Baa Baa Black Sheep", and they get a quote from some stupid chump parent banging on about how his kid can't sing this nursery rhyme at school any more like it's going to have any effect on his kid at all. And yeah, the school has overreacted and introduced a stupid rule - but is it actually harming these dumb white people and their little dumb kids?

The day P.C. actually does any harm then I'll be happy to read about it, and until then whitey really needs to STFU.

I'm sure there are many who do so. I simply treat people based on how they behave and how they treat me. I really don't give a damned what color their skin is. As for banning "Baa Baa Black Sheep", I think it's totally idiotic. It sounds like those individuals certainly have some insecurity issues.

It's interesting how animals such as sheep can coexist in a myriad of different colors with out any apparent racial problems at all. I guess that's the entire point. It's all in the mind. There really is no problem unless a person makes one. I sometimes question which species is truly more intelligent. After hearing some of the stories in this thread, my vote goes to the sheep.
#15 - wE1l
Quote from Spudster :They had a server called "n!gger n!gger out out (sorry mods + devs)"

I asked them if it was a racist server, they asked me if I was a "n!gger"

I asked them what does it matter

They said "bye n!gger D***H***!!!" and banned me.

Are you still sure about what you said becuase I think that that is morally and legally wrong IMO.

I don't know if it's against the law, but the racism server is outrageously disgusting and stupid. I am also a bit surprised by Victor's response, I do hope devs can do something about such kind of misbehaviour.
Quote from Schooner :Welcome to the internet. A place where any idiot or bigot can log on and create a server.

Best to just shake your head and walk away, feeling sorry for someone who is really going to have a tough go in life because of his own ignorance.

Whenever I have to fill out a form asking my 'race’, I simply check the ‘Other’ box and write in “Terran, I’m from Earth”

So you are discriminatory towards extraterrestrials? Boy, I hope those little green men don't have lawyers.
Quote from wE1l :I don't know if it's against the law, but the racism server is outrageously disgusting and stupid. I am also a bit surprised by Victor's response, I do hope devs can do something about such kind of misbehaviour.

I think Victor is dead on. Freedom of expression is a two way street. It isn't just for those who like to decide what is right for everyone else. It also encompasses those with views we may not like to hear or see. None of us are being forced to read racist comments, nor are we forced to participate on a racist server. If we don't like what we see or read, we don't have to endure it. Simply choose an alternative.
#18 - wE1l
Quote from rabidmaddog :I think Victor is dead on. Freedom of expression is a two way street. It isn't just for those who like to decide what is right for everyone else. It also encompasses those with views we may not like to hear or see. None of us are being forced to read racist comments, nor are we forced to participate on a racist server. If we don't like what we see or reed, we don't have to endure it. Simply choose an alternative.

On second thought, yes we could choose to ignore. Maybe I just got a little worried by the fact that there're such ppl out there...
Hmmm..... I was 3 years old when Martin Luther King was assasinated.
When I was very small where we live had a cheap fence at the City limits
with various signs posted on them... like from the Masons, the Lions club and the the Rotary Club... that welcomed new comers into town. Well there was this other sign
that wasn't so welcoming to people that wasn't White or Mexican.
It was from the KKK. Times have changed a lot since then. Now, just two blocks away is a Black church. That nasty sign has been gone decades I guess and so has the KKK (lol the've been replaced with the Latin Kings)
You know, you'd think the further we progress as a truly global society,
the less this kinda crap would occur. And as soon as you think it does
start to go away, something like this always seems to crop up.
My guess is that the ppl on that server were a couple a two digit IQ types with some puberty issues and had no real clue what they were "expressing".

@ Victor:
"There are two types of people I can't stand; People that can't tolerate other people that are different from them and the Bloody Dutch!"

Umm did I quote that right?
Quote from wE1l :On second thought, yes we could choose to ignore. Maybe I just got a little worried by the fact that there're such ppl out there...

Oh, they're out there alright. There's no question of that. That's why I like cats and dogs, they're sincere and there's no BS involved.
Quote from Racer Y :Hmmm..... I was 3 years old when Martin Luther King was assasinated.
When I was very small where we live had a cheap fence at the City limits
with various signs posted on them... like from the Masons, the Lions club and the the Rotary Club... that welcomed new comers into town. Well there was this other sign
that wasn't so welcoming to people that wasn't White or Mexican.
It was from the KKK. Times have changed a lot since then. Now, just two blocks away is a Black church. That nasty sign has been gone decades I guess and so has the KKK (lol the've been replaced with the Latin Kings)
You know, you'd think the further we progress as a truly global society,
the less this kinda crap would occur. And as soon as you think it does
start to go away, something like this always seems to crop up.
My guess is that the ppl on that server were a couple a two digit IQ types with some puberty issues and had no real clue what they were "expressing".

@ Victor:
"There are two types of people I can't stand; People that can't tolerate other people that are different from them and the Bloody Dutch!"

Umm did I quote that right?

Quite honestly, I just don't understand how an individual in today's world can succumb to the irrational ignorance and insecurity which drives groups such as the neo-nazis, the KKK, etc. However, it's not really much different from the Roman Catholic Church burning "heretics" at the stake for asserting that the Earth revolves around the sun. They're both driven by primitive fear and insecurity along with innate ignorance, pure and simple. I too wish people were more intelligent than that, but many simply are not and are instead indoctrinated with distain and hatred for others.There is certainly another side to the coin of racism however. I certainly intend no disrespect, but many individuals do seemingly have a way of making perfect, stereotypical examples of themselves, regardless of their respective race, religion, color, or creed. If an individual dresses in hoodlum gangster clothes, drives a pimped out car, looks like a drug dealer, behaves with disrespect towards others, and sounds like an uneducated idiot when they speak, it's no great surprise that they will be treated as such. Sure, there are many racist and otherwise judgmental people out there. However, there are also many who simply exploit the issue to their advantage when no real racial transgression has occurred in any way whatsoever.
hmmmmmmmm interesting
well racism is a term that i have no need for personally but i think if someone is a racist they should really keep it to themselves as it only sturs up trouble (and to be honest in years to come i can see colour of skin wont matter with all the mixed race families we will eventually end up the same colour skin so whats the point of arguing now lol )
I remember that server from yesterday. I joined it (and got kicked out too), and from the looks of it, they are AW's (Attention Wh***s). Mostly, all of them were young (i'd say in the range of 10-15) from what I could tell (then again, I am not a good judge), and I wouldnt be shocked if they didnt know their history at all. My real point is, they just want attention; the more you feed their ego's, the more they're going to keep pushing for attention.
i can't stand racism. Nor can i stand when ppl older than me are wreckers or racist ect., ect.. But as lfs population grows the amount of these ppl will grow. There is no real way to stop this, since they're in the demo.
It is wrong
I have to agree that any kind of abuse like that the master server should totally ban the person from ever using this site.
I currently get stick for my user name, and also get called a bad driver,
I am a newbie and have to learn with and amongst other drivers (live racing) as in real F1, Usually my problem is caused by lag, and thats when i get stick from people and it is wrong thatanyone recieves any form of bullying
The Crazy Frog

(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG