The online racing simulator
#1 - Honey
Aston - Strange white lines (road paintings)
on aston (many corners) and also on one kyoto corner, i found that ugly deformations of the road white line...the very strange thing is that it is huge but i never noticed when racing from cockpit (focused on race).

at start i thought it was a graphic card problem, because i firstly noticed on a very low end system with a very cheap graphic card (intel maybe), but then i verified it occurs also on a very recent pc with an asus nvidia 6600 and also on i friend's pc wich has an ati card (don't know the model).

looking with attention it seems that it happens on every aston's connection between different layouts where textures are mapped into triangles making them skew very much.

other tracks seems fine.
Attached images
Aston_Bug_White_Line_Corners.jpg
Kyoto_Bug_White_Line_Corners.jpg
Quote from Honey :on aston (many corners) and also on one kyoto corner, i found that ugly deformations of the road white line...the very strange thing is that it is huge but i never noticed when racing from cockpit (focused on race).

at start i thought it was a graphic card problem, because i firstly noticed on a very low end system with a very cheap graphic card (intel maybe), but then i verified it occurs also on a very recent pc with an asus nvidia 6600 and also on i friend's pc wich has an ati card (don't know the model).

looking with attention it seems that it happens on every aston's connection between different layouts where textures are mapped into triangles making them skew very much.

other tracks seems fine.

Well I wouldnt not call it really bug.Its just weird mapping Eric used.
I saw this to be honest also in realife when they layed those white lines and the machine has so problem.
I also notice the "missing skidmarks" bug in pic1.
-some textures are just resistant to skidmarks.
#4 - ORION
The first pic looks indeed a bit crappy, but we dont know how advanced the texturing tools in the lfs editors are. I remember that sc said once, he added a feature that allows rotating a texture, which I would call "elementary".
#5 - Honey
well, to me it could have been easily avoided by using one more poligon to avoid such skew, but btw i searched into this forum and it was not mentioned, so i reported...actually i believe devs already knows it but, who really knows, in all this time i raced on aston i never noticed before...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG