The online racing simulator
How long will LFS last?
(33 posts, started )
#26 - neRu
Until something more realistic comes out... Like that's ever going to happen
To be honest, I don't think it will phase out for some time, as I seriously doubt that the devs will just stop updating one day.

Content will just keep coming and coming.

Hopefully :S
I think itll be around a while yet, we have S3 to come yet, and the game seem to be getting mroe popular. When i first bought a licence there were ~200 servers online, now there are regulary 400+.

LFS is also liek no other game in the way it plays, games like GTR require 100% attention all teh time, whereas with LFS you can just go out and cruise, or you can be on edge pushing, which puts LFS in a class of its own IMO.

Its gonna take another LFS style LFS game to wipe it out i think, which aint gonna happen for a while i dont think.
#29 - joen
Quote from Stellios :When i first bought a licence there were ~200 servers online, now there are regulary 400+.

I don't think that's such a good thing, and not a good indication of the popularity.
There's no need for 400 servers with the relatively small userbase LFS has. People are already scattered out too much. I'd rather see the userbase doubled than the amount of servers.
Good games last 4ever. see tetris
I gonna keep on playing it untill there is nothing more realistic and fascinating racing sim.
Or untill i get into a real racing car in RLF :spin:
LFS will be around as long as I drive it
Quote from seancatlin11 :i personally think it will be around for quite a while. No other games come close to the realism of lfs and when they do, thats when it will fade out

That's what I think too....when something better comes along. There will still be the few devotees, but I think most people would move on to the better product. However, I don't see that happening for a long long time! LFS will be such an amazing product by the time it is complete, that it will be very hard to top.

I am excited thinking about the future of LFS, especially the autocross portion of it personally, because I think there is a fairly large market out there for this part of the game if it is developed in the future. It could be used by course designers, autocross schools, and autocross racers brushing up their skills in the off season. I know it is already being used by autocrossers now, but I am talking about larger numbers...
#33 - JJ72
right up to dooms day.

or even beyond!!

How long will LFS last?
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG