The online racing simulator
FBM Lenovo(IBM) Thinkpad & National Express skin
Hello !! I'm a beginner in skinning. I know the skin base itself looks ridiculous and please forgive me for that, but trust me, look at one of the screenshot of the attachment and it looks pretty gd on the FBM. I'm sorry for the lack of screenshots for the car as I have exceeded the quota of attaching files to this post. Please also give me some advice on skinning cars for LFS as I have absolutely no experience doing such things. Thx

Doug
Well, you're welcome, although it's not exactly positive for you.
Quote from zeugnimod :Well, you're welcome, although it's not exactly positive for you.

"not exactly positive"

what would happen??

** no offence really, cz this is my first time making use of this forum, so I don't know the rules.**
Extra screenshot of FBM Space Art Skin
FBM_SpaceArt
Quote from Douglas Fung :"not exactly positive"

what would happen??

** no offence really, cz this is my first time making use of this forum, so I don't know the rules.**

I meant that my post wasn't positive news for you.
Quote from Douglas Fung :FBM_SpaceArt

You can press shift + s to grab a screenshot (both in game and the CMX viewer). The images are saved as .bmp (at least for me), in .../data/shots in their respective folder.
Same here silver and LOL at Spiderman hahaha

@ Douglas, you'll learn by doing it and after all, it's not rocketscience

One thing that needs attention later on (important for logos) is The Stretching of Skins

In that Skin help/tools/template you can find more generall infos.
Thanks for the advice.
Same Space Art Skin on XFG & XRG
I renamed the skin into XFG_SpaceArt and XRG_SpaceArt respectively and they worked !! Here are the screenshots.
This is a new Spaceart skin for the FBM. I'm sorry that this skin doesn't quite match the XFG and the XRG, but it looks pretty cool on the FBM. Hope you like it !!
FBM Microsoft Skin
This is a skin Microsoft skin for the Formula BMW, with a mix of Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows 7, hp, Intel and an optional skin combo with a Honda Logo and "Powered by Honda" stickers. Choose the FBM_Microsoft2 image if you wish to have the Honda and hp elements on the car, otherwise choose the FBM_Microsoft1 image (just Microsoft). I hope you like this Microsoft Skin.
Why the tire at back is so big ?
Field of View
FBM Lenovo (IBM) Thinkpad Skin
This is a Thinkpad world skin for the FBM. Enjoy !!!
Attached images
screenshot170.JPG
FBM_Lenovo.jpg
Another tip: Shift + F to get rid of the HUD when you need to take screenshots. (Shift + F to turn it back on as well).

Try the Master Skinnerz skin kits; you'll be suprise to see how much they help! http://www.barkingpig.org/msz/pages/kits.php

Unzip the .rar files and use the .psd. The .psd can be opened with GIMP or other programs (with a plug in) if you're not using photoshop.
Thanks for the tips !!!! But the problem I face is that I've actually done the skin works based on an FBM_default image (the plain white skin with the looks of the car using photoshop, much like the one in the master skinnerz pro kit. I just don't know how to delete the bits of the skin where they go beyond the "car" pattern in the default image, so I just pasted a big image on top of it and adjust the position. Have u got any ideas on that?
First of all open a Master Skinnerz prokit (its a .psd file) and turn on its layers.

Make sure the wireframe and black mask is on. The black mask is used at the topmost layer and will black out the bit of the skin file that wont show up in the car.

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=108025&d=1281863196

If you look at the attached image you can see the layers. Say you need to paint the bonnet (see layer "bonnet" -and the tiny gray area in the preview next to it).

Now if you need to paint the bonnet - click on the layer, and paint it. With the black mask layer turned "on" all the time, you would be able to see which area is skinnable for a particular layer.

I assume that you use the CMX viewer to help you when you skin, if not, you can download it at - http://www.lfs.net/?page=addons

The skin files need to be saved in the viewer's data/skins folder.

Have a look in the LFS Manual - http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Skin_Tutorial
(Go through the whole manual, its quite interesting :razz

If you need any help/need more info just make a post. Alot of skinners around, someone is bound to help (:
Thank you very much !!
FBM National Express Skin
This is a National Express Skin for FBM.
Attached images
FBM_NationalExpress.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG