The online racing simulator
Is it possible to swap engine noises?
Is it possible to make say the XRT sound like the FZ5 etc? Eg I use lfstweak to make the car a 6 cylinder and swap a file to make them sound the same?

I tried swapping the .eng files but it doesn't change anything, is this possible to do?
nope, the engine sounds are generated on a bunch of number values in addition to the wav files embedded in the .eng files...

if you want a car to sound like a 6 cylinder, the only way to do that is to make the car actually have 6 cylinders by using tweak.

edit: well, that's not entirely true... you can sit there fudging around with sounds until it sounds right, but it's just a lot easier to give the engine the right amount of cylinders to begin with.
all you have to do is rename the engine file and you can use it. blunder dont know what hes talking about
Rename XRR sounds to XRT and its working .
I renamed a LX6 sound to LX4 and RAC , its not sounding like LX6 but I like it
Quote from natedog420 :all you have to do is rename the engine file and you can use it. blunder dont know what hes talking about

sorry, but when i did this before for mod testing, it always sounded like garbage... if you like listening to garbage, that's fine by me.
Quote from bunder9999 :sorry, but when i did this before for mod testing, it always sounded like garbage... if you like listening to garbage, that's fine by me.

You are partly right bunder, I have tryed doing this on a number of occasions and as bunder said it sounds like total crap, There is no proper way of changing the sound from the XRT to the FZ5/FZR because each car has its own diffrent sound and is assigned for that car & nothing eles, Therefore making it impossible for the FZ5 to sound like the XRT or like the LX6 Ect... you may get a similar sound if the car has sort-off the same engine noise like the LX4 & RAC but thats as good as you will probably get.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG