The online racing simulator
Sugata Mitra: The Child-Driven Education
(3 posts, started )
#2 - JJ72
Almost everything on TED is inspiring.
Interesting stuff, and something I've spoken to with a few psychologists. I don't think it's all that remarkable that kids aren't inherently designed to sit in a classroom of 30 other kids and have to be lectured by someone who probably knows less than them about a subject for an hour.

I know kids who race who regularly get rubbish grades and are told they are stupid, yet they can fully understand the complexities of racing driving, as well as manipulating fuel/air mixture on an engine via the carb while racing and all that goes with that.

Schools can be horribly limiting places. It's a one size fit all situation, and rarely gets the best out of kids intellectually. The most appalling part of it all is some schools have this snobbish attitude where they believe they know what's best in regard to teaching children... when quite often they don't. Thankfully the internet is making them nigh-on redundant in regards to unique teaching material. Luckily my schools expectations of children were so low it meant as long as you didn't scive too often you weren't overly-pressured!

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG