The online racing simulator
35 Hacks to Make Your Life Better - Worth the Read - Trust Me
Saw this the other day, and figured you guys would love this infographic. Did you know if you hold a car remote under your chin and press the button it will extend the range considerably? Here's this and 34 other tips: [url=http://bit.ly/9GbA3b[/url][url]http://bit.ly/9GbA3b[/url]
infra red and phone cam is win!

EDIT: Well i clicked it, and no, it isnt spam, its a list of things, plus it is in off topic after all.
"Get a jpg, mp3 or some other media file and rename it "My awesome essay.doc and send to professor. The "paper" will look corrupt and it'll buy you a day or two more"

Reminds me of an essay I wrote in 6th form: It was a 3 page minimum so I made the row spacing 1,5 in stead of 1 (no one even noticed) and made 2 chapters with an online gibberish generator. Got A-.
#5 - DeKo
I have done the sending a garbage file with a renamed extension to buy a bit more time, not a bad tip.
Some awesome ideas there. Now i know how to get a ice cold beer in 3 minutes!
#7 - amp88
Quote from DeKo :I have done the sending a garbage file with a renamed extension to buy a bit more time, not a bad tip.

It actually is a bad tip. Just changing the file extension obviously does nothing to the contents of a file. If the teacher/lecturer/person you send it to has basic computing skills (or access to them) they will be able to tell the real file type by inspecting the file's contents (for the majority of file types). You're better off to just create a plain text file, type a load of random junk and send that instead.
Quote from incubuswhale :Did you know if you hold a car remote under your chin and press the button it will extend the range considerably?

Certainly do and have been using that technique for about 18 years with car alarms and now with remote locks on current vehicles.
Wow.. I wonder who bothered with putting that list together. Many of these "tips" are pretty easy to figure out and the rest of them is more or less bullshit.
The elevator one doesn't work (at least for the elevator in the garage i have parked my car). Tried several times, won't work.
And that's just one of many. The 9V battery trick is stupid on so many levels that I believe that no one will ever dare to try it. Although mrodgers says otherwise, every single thing I know about physics and electromagnetic waves tells me that the remote range boost trick cannot work.
Quote from MadCatX :And that's just one of many. The 9V battery trick is stupid on so many levels that I believe that no one will ever dare to try it.

Stupid? possibly, but it is true.
Measure your hand from fingertip to palm and memorise it. Now you can judge the size of things without a ruler.

So obvious, that's brilliant!
Quote from MadCatX :Although mrodgers says otherwise, every single thing I know about physics and electromagnetic waves tells me that the remote range boost trick cannot work.

It works and it's fairly simple to test. Keep walking further away from your car (or other device that has a remote control) and testing the button. When you've found the range of the transmitter (i.e. car doesn't respond to button) hold it to your head and it should work. Then repeat the walking away process to see how much more range you get.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Stupid? possibly, but it is true.

Actually, no... just because a 9V battery has 6 1.5V cells in series doesn't mean it's a better deal than 6 1.5V AAA cells.

I'm definitely going to try the remote trick thing, I wonder what extra range one can get...
Quote from MadCatX :I'm definitely going to try the remote trick thing, I wonder what extra range one can get...

About 1-2m when I tried it.
Saw a load of these in a lifehack thread on 4chan.. lemmi see if i can find them..

E - here is two I have.. the one with 100 things it has some pretty stupid stuff.. but also some decent things
Attached images
1284676478886.jpg
1284679077576.jpg
easy madcat...They actually are tested on several occasions and all of them probably worked, but...life goes on, new techniques are available that may not base on the same "hacks"
Tested the infrared
Tested the elevator
Tested the sneeze
tested cure to brain freeze
Infrared light is neat :O
amazing find :bowdown:
Quote from logitekg25 :amazing find :bowdown:

TY by clicking this link...you have singed with ANTSPAM

(It's in the fine print)
says the "ant" who almost every single time i fina a post by him, there is at least 2 more following?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG