The online racing simulator
Yup, DQ people who do this. There is no reason to use the pitlane on the last lap other than mistakes or forgetfulness. You don't go down it to keep out of the way of others, and if you have damage then surely you'd just drive to the finish rather than trying to brake...

Sorry, but it's black and white - DQ for doing it (you'll get insta-banned on any server I am admining, for a long long time), and pit windows are needed.
Quote :Sorry, but it's black and white - DQ for doing it (you'll get insta-banned on any server I am admining, for a long long time)

Provided that's made clear before the race that would be fine, but if it isn't made clear then it's not a level playing field and drivers will all be racing to different rule sets.

Whilst on some servers it's the sin of all sins, burn their license, hunt their children and neuter their offspring crime ... elsewhere it's what everyone is doing.

That's why I pit on the last lap myself, unless i've been made aware of a house rule that says otherwise. I always try to follow the rules, but i'll push every advantage I find...
i got dq'ed last time i tried this... i got booted to spectator and it sucked cause i woulda been in 2nd place but it booted me to spectator for not moving...

w/ tristan; i still think there should be windows when you HAVE to pit (if.. its required of course), well, unless theres like some huge crash and you can make it into pits.. but.. then what? then you'd get locked out of the pits

owell, i guess that could just make it as an unnecesary pit, you have to pit in the window of opportunity, and if not, you get DQ'ed
Quote from ajp71 :Any race series that has to force pit stops to make it interesting has a problem IMO, real or virtual.

What the hell is the problem? You do understand that usual LFS races are not 40-70 laps long? Pitstops are a part of such long races. Quite often such races involve pitstops. However, normal LFS racing is not so long and pitstops are not necessary. There is a difference for the reason of the pitstops. In real racing forced pitstops are for entertaining the viewer, In LFS they are for entertaining the racers and making them experience the pitstop.

But, doooooohh... oukey... "Any race series that has to force pit stops to make it interesting has a problem IMO, real or virtual."
#80 - Woz
Quote from PLAYLIFE :What the hell is the problem? You do understand that usual LFS races are not 40-70 laps long? Pitstops are a part of such long races. Quite often such races involve pitstops. However, normal LFS racing is not so long and pitstops are not necessary. There is a difference for the reason of the pitstops. In real racing forced pitstops are for entertaining the viewer, In LFS they are for entertaining the racers and making them experience the pitstop.

But, doooooohh... oukey... "Any race series that has to force pit stops to make it interesting has a problem IMO, real or virtual."

Calm down. NOBODY is saying that every race should have forced pitstops?
Quote from Woz :Calm down. NOBODY is saying that every race should have forced pitstops?

That's not at all what I am talking about. I'm saying that forced pitstops are OK!
Thoughts on forced piststops.

If a server has forced pitstop then it is intended that the drivers get to experience the race with making a pitstop. The server owner never-ever intends that the pitstop should be allowed to make on the last lap. What would be the point!?!?!?

If it is not a preagreed term among racers that last lap pit is OK then anybody who makes their pitstop on the last lap knowingly and willingly cheats the idea of the server and cheats all racers. If you forgot to pit before last lap then it is your own fault and nobody elses. In that case you should pay the price and not take advantage. Taking advantage with "ops, I forgot to pit, so I just do it on the last lap" is pure bullshit. Noone should suffer because you f*cke up.
#83 - ste_
Pitting on last lap sucks because you save a lot of time compared to anyone who has pitted not on the last lap.

The person pitting on the last lap gains time from them not having to get back up to top speed to do their next laps. They just pit then roll over the finish line, whilst the guys who pitted like gents used time after the pit stopped finished getting back up to speed.

It's really lame when ppl pit on their last lap then roll over the line. It's not sporting what so ever. If you want to win that bad, go race the AI, then you can be a winner every race.
i did
hello,
Only once i did pitting on last lap and i won that race which i wasn't fast enough to catch leaders. They told me that they didn't like the way i won and probably no other driver would like it. They might be right. But please don't forget that the way lfs is being run is not very fair anyway.I mean some people can do training and racing up to 3-4 hours a day and some (like me) can only find a few hours a week to spend for the ultimate racing simulator "LFS". That's not fair. i'll never be able to catch those people maybe just because i cannot do enough training.

Maybe there should be a last lap pit banner but that will not be the only patch to make it more fair.
Quote from ZORER :I mean some people can do training and racing up to 3-4 hours a day and some (like me) can only find a few hours a week to spend for the ultimate racing simulator "LFS". That's not fair. i'll never be able to catch those people maybe just because i cannot do enough training.

That is a very poor excuse as to what is fair and what is not. Is it fair that top series racers IRL are able to race and I am not because they have been racing probably since childhood? I didn't have the chance to race anything from a young age, but I should be able to join F1, Indy, Nascar... because it isn't fair that I wasn't able to race cars since I was a kid?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG