The online racing simulator
G25 users, READ! (Shifter resistance..)
I'm not sure if this is a repost, sorry if it is.

You don't have to complain anymore about the shifter's weak resistance,

http://chilicoke.com/mods/shifterresistance.htm

It is an easy modification to your shifter and makes it feel very good in my opinion. No need to buy G27 just because it has (had) harder shifter resistance.

Just try

ps. there are a lot of other good stuff too on the website
i found that when i did this, when the shifter is used in sequential mode it would keep popping out of gear, but in 6spd mode it was brill
I haven't tried on sequential yet, how do you mean popping out of gear?
Looks cool, I might do this mod to my G25, and as I'm a bit unsatisified with the weak resistance on the shifter.
Do it since it's very easy to and worth it! Mine is a little stiffer than on the video, I like it a lot. I have 2mm of rubber spacers on down going spring and about 10mm plastic on bearing one.
You can make the rubber spacers yourself if you don't have ones, just cut some rubber in the right size
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Do it since it's very easy to and worth it! Mine is a little stiffer than on the video, I like it a lot. I have 2mm of rubber spacers on down going spring and about 10mm plastic on bearing one.
You can make the rubber spacers yourself if you don't have ones, just cut some rubber in the right size

A quick search in my father's cluttered office basement only found a (very) narrow copper tube (which appears to be 75% taller than an SD card), but I can still use it.
I'll ask my father if he has any rubber spacers/O-rings around. If not, I'll buy them at a local department store.

My mother is also trying to persuade me to not do this mod. I've re-assembled at least 50 MacBooks (All models) in 3-4 months, and she doubts that I can reassemble my G25. I've tinkered with electronics for 10 years.
only hard thing is that ball bearing

my dad recomended a dab of grease to hold it

i dont recomend modding your shifter though..read my first thread.
Quote from Zipppy :A quick search in my father's cluttered office basement only found a (very) narrow copper tube (which appears to be 75% taller than an SD card), but I can still use it.
I'll ask my father if he has any rubber spacers/O-rings around. If not, I'll buy them at a local department store.

My mother is also trying to persuade me to not do this mod. I've re-assembled at least 50 MacBooks (All models) in 3-4 months, and she doubts that I can reassemble my G25. I've tinkered with electronics for 10 years.

Quote from logitekg25 :only hard thing is that ball bearing

my dad recomended a dab of grease to hold it

i dont recomend modding your shifter though..read my first thread.

It wasn't too hard to keep the ball bearing from blowing off, if you feel like you just can't do it, maybe you added too big spacer? Remember to switch to second gear when you have "closed" the thing.

You did the modding wrong, why in the hell would you cut the spring!?
I can still put all things back normal if I want to, no way even seeing that I've modded it. Just add the spacers, nothing more. Make a spacer that you can still get off.

I can't see how this could break, only thing I could see is that the ball bearing would go inside the spring but I doubt that too, and that would be easy to fix.

Sequantial mode will work if you do everything right.

This is not a big deal, trust me.
thats the guide i followed. i diddnt have a spacer either, so i had to improvise, i forget what i even used
Stupid guide.. next time try without cutting the spring
I tried doing the mod this past weekend, it has improved the feel a lot, although I put an extra rubber o-ring along with the recommended "one" on the stick, it's still good but a bit stiff to shift into reverse.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG