The online racing simulator
Cheating allowed on LFS????
(33 posts, started )
Just a question after viewing the last performance of Gianni on Kyotoring oval on MRT !!!!! From a great player like him it s a shame !!! What do you thing about ???
Well it is a bug in the track I guess

HLVC should say the lap is invalid if he went down on the shoulder there....
-
(th84) DELETED by th84
I agree with you, there is a bug. But if has every time there is a bug all the persons cheat where is the pleasure to make time by knowing that a cheater is going to beat this time. I am anxious to correct that it is not Gianni who began but Gubbe what excuses nothing.
#4 - maczo
Nice-Swedish-guy-who-Frapses-everything-for-us-lazy-guys-to-see, where are you?
dont have lfs installed here and i have no clue what's being discussed in this thread
As far as i knew you cant cheat in LFS, never came across peopel doing it. Their used to be numerous bugs, including one that would let you out drag a GT Turbo going forwards while in reverse, but that was before S1.
Quote from maczo :Nice-Swedish-guy-who-Frapses-everything-for-us-lazy-guys-to-see, where are you?
dont have lfs installed here and i have no clue what's being discussed in this thread

Gianni done a hotlap in the MRT for KY Oval, doung the 1st left hand bend he went to the very inside of the track (as close to the grass as he could) That is the "cheat"

I'm not to bothered by this though, as I mean it's oval, who wants a wr their? Especcially if you get it by cheating
#7 - ajp71
Hot lapping on the oval :yawn:
I don't see that as a cheat, TBH. In the ol days of NASCAR, people would quite frequently use the apron on the inside of one of the corners at Darlington. Until NASCAR instated the "yellow line rule," which mandated that you must have half of the vehicle above the yellow line when passing, this was common at darlington. Now, I don't know of any other oval racing series which has such a rule, and as the apron is paved and is not separated from the track, it can be considered part of the racing surface. If it is faster to use that part of the track at a given time, currently, it is not in fact cheating. If there was some sort of rules setup by the devs or community stating this was not allowed, then it would be cheating.

Quite frankly, though, I don't care as WR's mean absolutely nothing to me, and this apron practice is not beneficial under race conditions anyways. (I don't know how/why it helped at darlington, though...)

MAGGOT
when Indianapolis had a wider apron they used to run on the apron. I still think it's a small problem. though, if he can do that than so can others.
Quote from ajp71 :Hot lapping on the oval :yawn:

in the MRT at that :double yawn:
mrt kyo-oval
i am sorry for having done that, i love the game and dont want to cheat but as long hlvc aloud it i thought it was ok. sorry again i dont do it anymore
hehehe....hotlappers, ya gotta love em, bless em.

I thought it was funny that he spent 5 mins warming his tyres up and they were cold after T1 LOL.

Dan,
Quote from danowat :I thought it was funny that he spent 5 mins warming his tyres up and they were cold after T1 LOL.

:ices_rofl

sounds very exciting hotlapping around oval with that mower.. but as it was said earlier if one can do it so can others.. tho I don't really see what's the "cheat" here, is there some inside oval community law that you can't use the apron
Last night i was on an oval server, Ovel Junkies or something like that. And from the pit lane, around T1 to the straight was blocked off from the track, so this stoped anyone cutting down to the flat and people charging out the pits. Then the block started again just before the final corner comming up to the pit entrance. Made it a little more fun imo.

But also dont you lose speed on the flat / grass area? yes your taking a shorter route but you would be slower because the car leaning / no traction on the grass.
These barriers you saw are more or less only enforcing the normal pit in/out rules that should be followed anyway (nobody does when not forced, though). Using the flat pit track is only slower for reasonably powerful cars. Lawn mowers like the MRT benefit much more from the shorter track than from the additional grip at the banked track, which they don't ever come close to using anyway (the grip).
Quote from AndroidXP :These barriers you saw are more or less only enforcing the normal pit in/out rules that should be followed anyway (nobody does when not forced, though).

Most likely yes but if something like that was made a standard, IE, built that way in an update of LFS wouldn't this kill two birds with one stone?
#17 - GerG
Why would that be a cheat? It is the part of the track, so you can use it, as you can use that in race too.

RoCkBiGdAvE -> You don't lose speed because the MRT is maxxed out at that part, so no need to go on the banked curve, as you won't lose speed when taking the flat part, AND you can take the shorter route.
Fair doo's. Shows how much i know.
First - You guys which are here just to tell the world, how much you hate hotlapping the oval, and especially hotlapping in the Mrt - Scram !
Find another thread to spam, and some other people to bore.

The initial theme, was wether cutting was cheating or it was plausible, now that hlvc allows it. People are different and some like hotlapping, also on the oval. If admins on this forum did know their job, they should warn people like you. Spammers are what you are.

Gubbe is my brother, and we have discussed the matter a few times. HLVC allows cutting, and my brother did it his way. I, not to glorify myself, stood up to my point of wiev - NOT CUTTING on the oval. My brothers hotlap have been out there for many weeks, without anyone protesting against it. Then my brother did beat the WR, and Gianni saw his "line" and beat him back. Last nigth two brasillians used the same line and beated Gianni.

Gubbe then asked me, what I thougth of the matter. I really couldn`t give him an answer, so I wrote MikeXXL and asked Papafant online, what they intended to do. (Both are known hotlappers in Mrt)

Papa said it was cheating ,to him, and MikeXXL said the same thing.

I know my brother never ever had intentions on cheating, as he puts it. "Some of the leading hotlappers say, that you can take all the advantages as you wishes, if HLVC allows it" ! Use every inch of the track and the surroundings.

If the current raceline is illegal, then it is a bug, and should be reported as one !
They use a part of the track which logically serves has the exit of the stand to throw the car ,in a true race you have already seen it??? I like has to thank Gubbe for having to remove his record of this fact he gives evidence of a total respect for rules.
Quote from Thunder-Ice :They use a part of the track which logically serves has the exit of the stand to throw the car ,in a true race you have already seen it??? I like has to thank Gubbe for having to remove his record of this fact he gives evidence of a total respect for rules.

I can`t understand your last message, 100%, Thunder-Ice.
have a look at the fe green hotlaps, true cutting but legal.
I'm supprised it was so long before people got on the oval apron, I saw it was possible the first time I saw the oval.

Do it if you like.
A bit OT, but not too much... little comparision.
When the actual WR on BL with XRT was done by crossing through the barriers at the esses on high speed, gaining 0.7sec advantage of the current wr holder at the first split, i mentioned it... The reaction was like: that's not cheating, that's unethic movement. So when if crossing through objects (which aren't cause invalid lap too) isn't cheating, then i don't see the point why it is should be a cheat. To clear things... make a suggestion @ "improvement suggestion" thread to defying unethic or possible "cheating" lines/places on tracks (like it was mentioned on AS unused pit). This would be clear the things what's cheat or not.
IMHO
Quote from Ndrew :A bit OT, but not too much... little comparision.
When the actual WR on BL with XRT was done by crossing through the barriers at the esses on high speed, gaining 0.7sec advantage of the current wr holder at the first split, i mentioned it... The reaction was like: that's not cheating, that's unethic movement. So when if crossing through objects (which aren't cause invalid lap too) isn't cheating, then i don't see the point why it is should be a cheat. To clear things... make a suggestion @ "improvement suggestion" thread to defying unethic or possible "cheating" lines/places on tracks (like it was mentioned on AS unused pit). This would be clear the things what's cheat or not.
IMHO

I like that expression "unethic movement" - That is what it is !
"unethic movement" aka "the Schumacher method"

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG