The online racing simulator
Tanki Online
(14 posts, started )
Tanki Online
http://tankionline.com.
Awesome easy to learn tank shooter.

Easy to begin, thanks for the rank restricted servers. Population is high enough to find a good battle.

Its browser based, with ~1 minutes initial download.
My biggest problem is the lack of key remapping.
Arrows or wasd for movement, zx or ,. for turret. Space for fire.
Vertical aiming is automatic, always try to hit the closest target(or the flag carrier in CTF).

While its seems quite simple, using and inventing tactics, are necessary to win the battle. Tanks are moving quite slowly compared to other similar games. If you take a wrong turn you are pretty much dead.

Look for me in-game: MoliskScout
I gave it a go, you get ganged up on and get people with upgraded tanks firing shells up your ass when your trying to crank the turret round at them.

It's made me want to play a tank game I had on the PS1 though.
Bit silly when you spawn on a small map in front of a tank that will destroy you with 3 hits when it takes you 5 or more to destroy them. Could be a fun game though.
TheBexter

Obviously...
When you browse the battles, look for allowed ranks. Pick battles where your rank is as close as possible to the maximum rank.

Watch out for fake 'For Newbies' rooms. They aren't common, but sometimes a higher ranked guy sets up one, to get easy kills on noobs.

You just have to survive until you reach rank 3, and get some crystals.
Then you can go 2 ways: Fast but deadly, or slow but deadly(being not deadly have no point in it). If you found the good camping(khm.. defensive) spot, a faster but low health tank come handy.. since you just have get there asap.

I prefer the upgraded version of the Smoky(starter cannon). While every other cannon out-shot it in close range, its have unlimited range, and I prefer to keep myself as far as possible from the enemies.

I didn't bought the Firebird(fame cannon), since no one equiped with that caused me problems ever.

The 3rd low level weapon Twins(plasma cannon) maybe worth it. Tanks equipped with it, cause me the most trouble, if they can come near to me. However I'm much better with the Smoky.
richuk see you there. though the servers are currently down
Almost forgot.. check this:
http://forum.tankionline.com/posts/list/19658.page

If you need proof check me in the hall of fame (you have to type fast, or paste)
I got 1200 Crystal for 4 forums, including this. And.. yeah.. I only know 4 forums worthy to post stuff on, including this.
Damn you! I can't seem to get any crystals in games
This is what I figured out about cristals:

There is a crystal poll. Its get raised depending on kills. Higher ranked players worth more crystal. Mostly the 3 top player get them. However in case of a draw in CTF, both teams get some, depending on personal performance.

I'm working on a vid, to show of some tricks. But until then: Play on Fort Knox, go defensive and get as many kills as possible. There are some very good camping place on that map. Notice: there is a 'Fort Knox II' and a 'Fort Knox'.
All I get is Sandbox
Well I'm Private now
If you still cant see anything but Sandbox, try to change to a more populated server, or start a battle yourself.

Its also possible to get some crystals in sandbox. Make, or find a battle where highest allowed rank = your rank. Make it short, and pray for opponents with worst skill. Amazing how many didn't even turn his turret. Crystal poll however will be very low.
I get much more out from doing CTFs, even whit my very good ability, to pick the losing side.

I just hate those buffs. 1-0 for us, then one of the <Insert swear words of your choice here> enemy put up nitro+armor+damage and do quick in, quick out flag grab twice, just before the battle ends.
Lol, I usually lurk

Tanki Online
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG