The online racing simulator
Multiplayer Host NAMES - Could they be more helpful?
Being a new boy on these pages (three months), I don't know exactly who is responsible for setting up the Multiplayer host arrangements so we can all pick a car and a track and dive in but from my experience so far I wonder if there is any mileage in setting them up so it is more obvious to see where someone would be more, shall we say, comfortable.
In what way do you propose to make them more accessible?

I certainly agree with the sentiment that the server browser needs rearranging to make better use of the space, and make it easier to read and understand (see: unreal tournament '99 browser). But the names - perhaps not.
Not so much accessible, rather that levels of experience, if fancy setups are required in order to compete, that sort of thing.
If newbies were able to see at the outset that only defaults would be driving and not so demanding if mistakes were made.
I think it should say things like Amount of laps, pit needed etc.

Then it wont be a surprise to join a server on 1 lap or 60!
#5 - Ndrew
Amount of laps can be seen (in S2) with the "?". In the demo there's a "-" in the place of it, so that's not available there.
I also wonder whether identifying the track/car combination could indicate that it would be helpful if a racer was within 15 percent of the WR time.
They'd know how likely it was they would have a race against evenly matched drivers.
I've been on some of the Aston circuits and found right away that most of the racers were 20 seconds plus faster per lap and that basically I was going to be like a milk float against such people.
Scarper pronto.
I have to say that there is a kind of snootiness about among some drivers if a person complains of being shunted off and their reply is along the lines of "well, you're going so slow, etc". And the person might being doing a 46 second lap on South City Classic with the FOX.
Maybe its just one of the hazards of having public tracks. Some folks do treat their lap times and performances EXTREMELY SERIOUSLY and don't have much regard either in their way or five seconds a lap slower.
Identifying a bunch of drivers who are about the same standard as oneself and finding somewhere to race is not easy

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG