The online racing simulator
Projector image enhancement?
(3 posts, started )
Hi, first post

Ok, finished building my racing simulator setup, wich includes, a projector, G27, Playseat evo, G930 and a new XPS 9100 Intel(R) Core (TM) i7 CPU 930@ 2.80GHz with 9 gig 3ddr. (I LOVE it!!!) and the vid card is an ATI HD5800 series 1gig.

After reading up on a thread talking about game image quality and enhancement, and seeing their screenshots i decided i want to see how well my projector can do. My XPS will run games like Dirt2 and similair heavy graphic games at max graphics with ease, so now its all a matter of learning to control the projector to produce best picture?
Can anyone give me a crash course on ATI Tray tweaker? (nHance equavilant?) Can that program help me get a better picture than it all ready is, on my projector? Would projector drivers be of any use to me?

Im connected thru an HDMI cable, should i be using something else?

Tried downloading the ATI tray tweaker, but cant find a clean download link. I keep getting trojan blocked warnings from mcafee.

Ok, back to the subject of my projector,
The only bad thing about the projectors image is fonts. They are blurry and barely readable when not magnified. I messed around with res and all the display option i could find, and all of the projector options too and so far im using 1280 x 720 and adjusted icons and fonts to 125%. The only combo i find somewhat usable. Web browsing is fine if i magnify that to 125 as well.

What am i doing wrong? LOL i went to the eye doc to make sure its not me! any advice on PC to projector will be great. Hope my ok english made my point clear enough. :/
#2 - kyler
Have you tried adjusting the focus on the projector lens?
#3 - (SaM)
Have you run the Windows display callibration wizard? Apart from RGB, gamma, contrast and brightness callibration, it also allows you to tweak the anti-aliasing of text, which is essential for readability.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG