The online racing simulator
Race Server Software
(5 posts, started )
Race Server Software
Hey guys,

I just purchased a 10 slot dedicated server. I am looking for some software to put on there for racing. Nothing overly fancy, something with a join message etc.

Also, I have set the admin password in the cfg file, yet when I join the server and put the password in the password field when I join, then try commands in game such as /restart it says I don't have admin rights?

Thanks,
Chapo
Hi, the two most common and popular that come to mind are the LFSLapper and AIRIO. I've only used AIRIO and it was quite easy to setup (However, my server provider had made access to AIRIO on my host readily available, so it was a breeze).

AIRIO is highly customizable and the drivers get access to quite a number of features/data.

Whilst these two will meet your need (and more!) there are specific Race Control programs, mainly for leagues and events, as well. LFS Server Control (LFS Race Director) is worth looking into and then there is Event Control. Have a peek at these and see they'll be useful for you.

Do search the forums for other applications. If you do come across something simpler, do post here and let us know.

As for the admin password issue, did you save the .cfg file after changing it? Not quite sure about this, but maybe you need to restart the server for the change to take effect?

Have fun!
Yes, you need to save the cfg file and restart the server for the new admin password to take effect.
Thanks for the responses guys.

I have installed Airio on my server and it's great.
I have two questions though. When you join some Airio servers, you see a 'Rules' page come up and you have to click yes etc. Are you aware of how to do this?

My other question is when the race is about to start, you see servers with messages such as 'Race clean, brake early' etc while the racers are on the podium. Does anybody know how to enable this? I presume it is a feature of Airio.

Thanks,
Chapo
The Airio config files are cfg srv and tcd, have a look in them and read the comments and they'll tell you exactly what to do.

Race Server Software
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG