The online racing simulator
Kick/Ban voting
(10 posts, started )
Kick/Ban voting
Anyone else think that the vote kick/ban options are stupid? I can understand wanting a kick for wrecking, but the fact that someone starts a vote and it fails, and the second it fails the same person can restart the voting, and does so until everyone gets fed up and just presses the 1 key.

Why not have a timer? If a kick/ban is initiated and failed, haev a timed gap before another vote can be initiated against that person, its just annoying people constantly restarting votes.
well, on Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, if you vote and it fails (which.. it always does, because it requires 99% yes to pass.. kinda dumb), and you try to run the vote again, it cancels and says wait 5 or 10 minutes or something like that, and then if you try it again and it fails after that time, it threatens to kick you lol

that might work, but i cant say i've ever come across this problem before
I only mentioned it because a teammate of mine tonight accidentally span a car and the guy just wouldnt give up on the kick voting until he was gone doing the usual crying "wrecker", think he started about 5 or 6 votes within a couple of minutes. Then after that he proceeded to start kicks on me without muh luck.
It's annoying when it happens, fortunately I've ever come across one of these gits on licensed servers. Something I didn't see happened, and for the next 5 or 6 races the person continually voted to ban the other player in the incident (who I had several clean races with) back to back, immediately re-voting when one vote ended. He did not give up despite several people asked/told him to stop, and not even when more people voted him to be banned than the person he was trying to get banned.

One freak accident and 5 or 6 races were instantly destroyed. It's bloody annoying when it happens. If the person who was conducting this idiotic nonsense is reading this, shame on you.
#5 - joen
It can get annoying I agree. What annoys me infinitely more though is the constant voting for a restart just because someone's race has been "ruined" because of yet another T1 incident. The voting starts right away, and noone seems to understand that voting for a restart is useless when the race is still under 1 minute.
And if not enough people comply the chat spamming starts...sigh
Quote from XCNuse :well, on Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, if you vote and it fails (which.. it always does, because it requires 99% yes to pass.. kinda dumb), and you try to run the vote again, it cancels and says wait 5 or 10 minutes or something like that, and then if you try it again and it fails after that time, it threatens to kick you lol

Hey, you play ET too?

I think the system in LFS works well. And it's because of the way it shows the name of people who voted.

A big problem with the ET voting system is it's anonymous. People who vote yes don't have their name shown to the server and nobody seems to have regrets in mashing the "yes" key when the vote is outrageous. I'm sure we can all imagine the frustration of someone running into the back of you, then calling a kick vote against you and telling everyone in the server that YOU are a wrecker. Then because it's anonymous everyone just goes along with the vote with no regrets and boom, you're wrongfully kicked.

Anyway, i thought it's probably a good idea to bring that up. So, in regards to the time delay of the next vote, sure, that could possibly be a good thing. I, for one, don't see it necessary as i've never witnessed multiple votes being called on someone unless they are indeed a wrecker which some people hadn't noticed yet.

One thing i do know, if you take something away from someone, they either abuse what you leave them with or they find a new method.... Some times it's better to let sleeping dogs lie.
What I find even more annoying is when you're running a 10 lap race. You're the only one of about 10 drivers who has spun, so you have inherited the lead. All the other drivers spin or crash every couple laps, until finally, on lap 10 they all vote to restart, robbing you of a victory because they cant keep the car on the track.

This has happened to me a couple times, and seems to happen to a buddy of mine twice a week at least.
Quote from XCNuse :well, on Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, if you vote and it fails (which.. it always does, because it requires 99% yes to pass.. kinda dumb), and you try to run the vote again, it cancels and says wait 5 or 10 minutes or something like that, and then if you try it again and it fails after that time, it threatens to kick you lol

well to ET no u dont need 99%
its a server setting u can even say 10% is enough illepall
Shinanigans, ure wrong if u wanna know who voted just open up the console and ull see : Player called a vote: kick Player2
to topic,yea kinda like the system in ET would work here too.
if a kick / ban vote havent passed last time, nobody should be able to recall it for some time (choosen by the admin).
most annoying in demo, but sometimes i see it on S2 servers as well
It's also very annoying when a clan invades a server and systematically starts banning/kicking everyone else on the server. Only happened once to me, fortunately.
I think the system should be changed as follows.
  • One voteban against one user every 5 minutes
  • 60% required to ban.
  • Names of those who voted to ban displayed.
  • Person who starts vote that gets less than 15% gets banned themselves.

Kick/Ban voting
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG