The online racing simulator
Automatic engine off after 30 seconds in Game, need help!
Hello everbody!

I'm on building a driving simulator and use an original ignition switch from a vw golf iv in combination with the leo bodnar BU0836X USB Controller.

The switch turn on when ignition is off and also when key is switched to ignition (Switches like the "I" Key on Keyboard in LFS).

This works great, but when the car stands for for about 30 seconds, the engine turns off for it self. I think this was programmed in game to prevent to go low of fuel or something.

But when this happens, and I turn the key to "ignition off", the Bodnar-Controller gives the "I"-Key signal again an the engine turns on. When i turn then the Switch to "IGNITION" the engine turns off. So the basically function of my ignition switch goes backwards. Do you know what i mean?

Is there a opportunity to disable the automatic engine off function in game and is it possible to start game witch engine off, not on? This where very helpful for my project!

Thanks for your help in advance and sorry for my not perfect english!

Andreas
I don't know much about programming but you may circumvise this by letting the software of the ignition key check if the engine is running. Maybe by insim/outsim.
#4 - senn
The reason the engine shuts off automatically AFAIK is to minimize physics calculations if you are online and your car is idling away in the pits. Don't quote me on that tho.
Quote from senn :The reason the engine shuts off automatically AFAIK is to minimize physics calculations if you are online and your car is idling away in the pits. Don't quote me on that tho.

Yes, this is true.

Sorry for quoting you.
Quote from halde82 :Hello everbody!

I'm on building a driving simulator and use an original ignition switch from a vw golf iv in combination with the leo bodnar BU0836X USB Controller.

The switch turn on when ignition is off and also when key is switched to ignition (Switches like the "I" Key on Keyboard in LFS).

This works great, but when the car stands for for about 30 seconds, the engine turns off for it self. I think this was programmed in game to prevent to go low of fuel or something.

But when this happens, and I turn the key to "ignition off", the Bodnar-Controller gives the "I"-Key signal again an the engine turns on. When i turn then the Switch to "IGNITION" the engine turns off. So the basically function of my ignition switch goes backwards. Do you know what i mean?

Is there a opportunity to disable the automatic engine off function in game and is it possible to start game witch engine off, not on? This where very helpful for my project!

Thanks for your help in advance and sorry for my not perfect english!

Andreas

Can you show us a pic of your simulator
Thanks for your help! I will test the tool...

Pics of my simulator will be shown when it's finished so far.

Greets from bavaria, germany!

Andreas
The tool works great!!!! Thanks a lot, and with the redline limiter it sounds much more realistic!!!!!!!!!

Two problems less in my project :-)
Two things closer to see the pics
maybe some W.I.P. pics

and yeah davidtiger makes top notch programs. i always wanted an ignition switch like that

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG