The online racing simulator
new guys important question
(16 posts, started )
Hi probably the admins will kick my balls for this but i didnt have any idea where can i ask about this im new here and recently after trying the demo i buyed the S2 licence and a 47 slot server from 500servers and here is the main problem i cant find any information about this how do i configure properly my server and the second more important thing is the server is not displayed in the main server list i write the exact name and no effect no such name of server found im looking up every single option wtih the filters on the server list and there is no such server name there i dunno i didnt change anything in the server.cfg file could it be the server suplyer fault or i need to do something to make it visible in that list pls write only very precise answers and in as much detail as possible pls thx in advance for your help and replyes
Can you at least write in such a way that doesn't leave you breathless when reading your post?

If you look in LFS/docs/commands.txt or at http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Hosting then it'll help you.
Punctuation
I think you need to get a copy of this book.

Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation

By Lynn Truss
i did make it with putting the server to work but i got a more anoying problem now. The thing is i have 2 server cfg one is a txt file and the second is a config editor

FileDescriptionText EditorConfig Editor /setup.cfg Setup Your Server Edit Edit welcome.txt Welcome Text for your server Edit now the thing is when i edit the config editor and change stuff in there everything works fine but the guestcars=1 by default after i change it. Now when i go edit the text editor and change the maxguestcars to 22 the server is not working lol?? i dnt have any idea whats wrong with this server host is 500servers did ask them about it but no response.Anyone has any idea wtf could be the problem with these cfg siles or something else i just want to make 22 cars join the race. The thing is whenever i change something eiter the server is not working or the guestcars=1 and only 1 player may join the server rotfl?! HELP!
Post the whole .cfg file and maybe someone would be able to find the issue. Dont forget to edit out your admin password though.
This is the txt cfg file:

/host=F1 Polska
/pass=
/admin=xxxx

/insim=17672
/port=37669

/mode=Demo
/usemaster=yes

/track=BL1
/weather=1
/cars=FBM

/maxguests=22
/adminslots=1
/carsmax=22
/carshost=1
/carsguest=1

/pps=5

/qual=4
/laps=5
//hours=24

/wind=0

/dedicated=nogfx

/vote=yes
/select=yes
/autokick=kick
/rstmin=60
/rstend=30
/midrace=yes
/mustpit=no
/canreset=no
/start=finish
//ndebug=
/autosave=2
/mprdir=replays

/welcome=welcome.txt
//tracks=tracks.txt

/log=serverlog.log
/mprdir=mpr
/lytdir=layout

But like i say if i change this cfg txt file the server stops working i mean the status is "running" but it vanishes from the server list and you cant connect to it when you put the exact name of it to join the same goes when i upload the file edited . The server goes alive when its configured by the config editor on the website but that sets the guestcars to =1 lol pathetic i was really happy about having my own server but now im getting a hell of a time with this piece of s...! pls someone tell me how to fix this damn thing!
Quote from Arkadiusz Chmielewski :

/mode=Demo
/maxguests=[B]22[/B]
/carsmax=[B]22[/B]

I believe those are conflicting. Set /maxguests and /carsmax to 15 (or 14?). Demo hosts are limited to 15 (or 14?) connections as far as I know.
Quote from Silverracer :I believe those are conflicting. Set /maxguests and /carsmax to 15 (or 14?). Demo hosts are limited to 15 (or 14?) connections as far as I know.

This is not the problem i did say that if i change anything in the txt cfg file
then the server is not displayed in the server list and the problem isnt lying in carsmax or maxguests only carsguest=1 [maxguests 46 number of ppl that can join the server got 47 free slots dsnt have any diff in demo ,s1 or s2
carsmax this i dnt know even if i change it server stops working lol]
As Silver said it is because you are trying to host it as a demo server.

Regardless of the slots you have available on your server LFS limits demo server's to 15 connections with 12 cars on track.
Quote from Arkadiusz Chmielewski :...I just want to make 22 cars join the race. The thing is whenever i change something eiter the server is not working or the guestcars=1 and only 1 player may join the server ...

I'm just trying to help hang in there until someone competent comes around.

Until then,
Maybe you need to restart the server via the control panel after you update the .cfg file?

As shown below, "guestcars" is the number of cars per guest. The number of players who may connect is "maxguests".

If you havent done so yet, have a peek in:
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Hosting

/maxguests=4 :max number of guests that can join host
/carsmax=5 :max number of cars in a race
/carshost=1 :max number of cars (real+ai) on host pc
/carsguest=1 :max number of cars (real+ai) per guest pc

As for the mode, I'm pretty sure if you set a "S2" mode with demo server restrictions, the host will work and demo licence holders will be able to connect. Not sure if it works the other way around.

Anyway good luck!
Quote from Silverracer :I'm just trying to help hang in there until someone competent comes around.

Until then,
Maybe you need to restart the server via the control panel after you update the .cfg file?

As shown below, "guestcars" is the number of cars per guest. The number of players who may connect is "maxguests".

If you havent done so yet, have a peek in:
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Hosting

/maxguests=4 :max number of guests that can join host
/carsmax=5 :max number of cars in a race
/carshost=1 :max number of cars (real+ai) on host pc
/carsguest=1 :max number of cars (real+ai) per guest pc

As for the mode, I'm pretty sure if you set a "S2" mode with demo server restrictions, the host will work and demo licence holders will be able to connect. Not sure if it works the other way around.

Anyway good luck!

I know that and im happy youre trying to help me but you ppl missing the point here i changed mode to s2 btw in this mode maxguest=46 (ok) carsmax is 32(ok) carshost=1 (ok) the problem is here--->/carsguest=1!! <---this is restricting the players and npc to join the race when i change this at the txt cfg the server stops working when i change it by Config Editor /carsguest is chaged again to a value of =1?!?! and ppl cant join its not a mode problem (demo,s1,s2) btw demo mode supports 12 cars on track ^^im still screeming for HELP here
I also was looking up this www site you put there and i fully understand these options that you quoted but like i say my problem is its not possible to change this command by typing in txt cfg file cause server stops working and when i edit it in config editor the value drops to 1 by default so either way server down or default value comes to 1 if i change the txt file in any way and save server stops working maybe its a host problem??
Try to connect to this server its showing next to where im online and maybe you will get the same error when trying to join race.
You can't change the config file while the host is running, it reads it upon initialisation and writes it out on exit. Either change it directly on the host by typing the command in the chat or kill the host, change the file and restart it.

By the way, carshost and carsguest are limited to a maximum of 3 on online hosts and on a dedicated host, carshost ist utterly pointless
Yea well its a slight improvement when i type this command from the server as an admin /carsguest 22 it changed lol now 3 can join the race rotfl i guess something is very wrong here what sort of problem can it be i dnt know but it is really a pain in the ass someone has any idea why that is working like that now typing 22 means 22 not 3?!?!? wth is wrong with this if i dnt fix this soon or the host wont supply me any info why is that hapening and i cant configure my server properly i probably will claim a refund and quit this whole server crap thing because im getting actually enough of that bullshit hapining on it right now! man im angry :jedi:
Quote from morpha :You can't change the config file while the host is running, it reads it upon initialisation and writes it out on exit. Either change it directly on the host by typing the command in the chat or kill the host, change the file and restart it.

By the way, carshost and carsguest are limited to a maximum of 3 on online hosts and on a dedicated host, carshost ist utterly pointless

I do get the 3 restriction for carsguest so how more ppl can join the server when i put on 3 npc cars and want to join in as 4th racer it comes up a command on the left side like "max guest cars 3" lol so i still dnt know wth is wrong and what to change so more ppl can join ??
so im typing from the server as an admin this:
/maxguests 22 :max number of guests that can join host
/carsmax 22 :max number of cars in a race
/carshost 1 :max number of cars (real+ai) on host pc
/carsguest 3 :max number of cars (real+ai) per guest pc

so now i understand it like that
the server is not applying this or something is not working
/maxguests 22 :max number of guests that can join host
/carsmax 22 :max number of cars in a race
but it holds on this command not letting more players join wth is that??
/carsguest 3 :max number of cars (real+ai) per guest pc
am i missing something still?? how do you understand that?? why is it hanging on /carsguest 3 ??
when it supose to limit the server users to this:
/maxguests 22
/carsmax 22
mode S2
man this is useless or im a complete dumbass and cant uderstand something so call me a uber NOOB but still
i would like someone to explain it to me how can this happen ??
Quote from Arkadiusz Chmielewski :I do get the 3 restriction for carsguest so how more ppl can join the server when i put on 3 npc cars and want to join in as 4th racer it comes up a command on the left side like "max guest cars 3" lol so i still dnt know wth is wrong and what to change so more ppl can join ??

The limit is 3 players (=cars) per connection, so everyone connected to the server can add 2 AIs and join themselves, or add 3 AIs and watch.
You've got to adjust the maxguests setting, this is the number of connections the server will allow.

Edit: And carsmax is the number of cars allowed on the track, there are track-dependent limits though.
I was a BIG and i mean a BIG NOOB ROTFL :P everything is working fine now i configured the whole server properly when it comes to players joining and room for guests cheers everyone for the help here

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG