The online racing simulator
Movie making help
(10 posts, started )
Movie making help
Right. Two weeks friday i finish college for the summer (great 3 months off :P) and i want to make a LFS vid :P a decent one i could possibly put in a portfolio for later in life.

Now i know what im doing as far as recording and stuff. I got Fraps, Premiere Pro 2.0 (but i still prefer 6.5) and an audio recorder for some bits i'm doing. But i've noticed in some vids that people are zooming in and out in a custom camera angle. I know how to do them, that aint the problem. Its the zooming as some things i want to do will look better with some zooming envolved.

It is just moving closer to the car with the arrows or is their an actual zoom in and out keys? Knowing my luck its something soooo simple and i'll get a ton of n00b comments thrown at me.

Also, is their some sort of "tutorial" that shows you all the basic controls that can be used when making a vid in LFS? Or is it a case of trial and error?

Thanks for reading, David.
#2 - Bosse
When you ar in shift-u mode (or whatever its called) you can press 4-5-6-7 to zoom. It changes the FOV. 4 is zoom in fast, 5 is zoom in slow, 6 zoom out slow and 7 zoom out fast.. I think its like that, or just try pressing the numbers and you will find it.. Good luck!
#3 - Don
yes, its like bosse said. but try pressing both zoom keys (slow+fast) at once - you will get a midspeed zoom meaning its something between slow and fast
Thanks lads.
Is there a way to make the camera sit in one spot, but rotate as a car passes by? The only option I see for it to follow the car makes the camera move as the car moves. I want a stationary camera that rotates, like a standard track camera, only i can place it where i want it. Is there such a thing?
#6 - Don
you mean that it would automatically follow the car? no thats not there. But in shift+u when you hold right mouse button you can rotate without moving the camera
Hmm.. I was hoping that would not be the case.. me an my shaky hands :P hehe

How do people do these cool moving cameras? Just using the arrow keys combined with the height keys and the right-click to move the camera? There's gotta be an easier way!
#8 - Don
well you can check "follow car" option in shift+U mode, then its a bit easier to "fly" around going car
I guess I have some practicing to do
Quote from MAGGOT :me an my shaky hands :P

Use 'view smoothing'.

Movie making help
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG