The online racing simulator
Web Based Dedicated Server
(3 posts, started )
I was wondering about how if I wanted a dedicated server of my own I would have to leave my computer turned on all the time, and my bandwith would be eaten away. So I thought it would be great if you could have a regular website for example hosted by freewebs that you could upload the server files to, and have a html admin panel that could be placed on a (possibly hidden) page that when given the correct admin password would log you in and give the ability to edit the server settings (name, allowed guest kick/ban etc.).

What do you think?
#2 - ORION
Will not work because the server will not allow the files on the server to access the internet.
All you can do is create control panel that controls an LFS game server using the common remote commands. There are already a few programs around, which allow managing a dedi from your computer.

Btw, hosting a game server on a shared hosting will not work anyway, because of CPU usage and amount connections.
Won't work, sorry.

You'll probably also find that any freely hosted website will have a very small bandwidth. Something like 200mb/month or along those lines.

If you're hosting an 8 man LFS server @ 25kb/sec upload, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week... i think you can see where i'm going with this. If you don't, then it means that you will use your monthly bandwidth in about 2 hours.

Nice thought, but unfortunately not possible.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG