The online racing simulator
Textures bugs?
(12 posts, started )
Textures bugs?

or ATI bug?

tell me!
I'd say it's the game... some repeating textures or something
I have the same problem. Any idea how to solve it?
I had the same bug with the texture pack you are using. However, it hasn't been fixed by me going back to the default ones. It's less noticable of course, because the default textures are alot brighter, but it's still there and just as bad. So yea, I guess it's got to do with repeating textures incorrectly or something.
Just to know, what is your videocard?
its definately the textures repeating
what track is that, fern bay?
rofl noob how is that not fernbay
Quote from everyone : it's the textures repeating

"That was - a good try"

It's been few years since I've messed about with this so I am not completely fluent with all the details, BUT I am 100% sure it's where the edge of the finish line is part of the road texture. The repeating pattern crops it at the pixel where the chequered pattern starts. Easy to test if you erase the white chequer pattern in the texture file. You can see it appears on certain areas of the track because that's where that particular part of road texture is used. Also you can tell it's the chequered flag texture because it appears as a broken line across the road, like a cross section of the chequered flag texture.

I think it's probably caused by the Anisotropic Filtering (AF) component bleeding the pixels. I've noticed it on some cards more than others. Both nVidia and ATi IIRC. I think playing around with AF settings will reduce it in some cases, but sometimes at the sacrifice of graphics aesthetics, ie: crap AF.

I came across these findings when editing track texture files for cruise servers. I removed the chequered flag pattern off the road and the anomoly disappeared.

I think I noticed it mentioned in release notes a couple of years ago as a KNOWN ISSUE and still needs to be addressed. However, I don't know which release it was - about W or Y release (when the graphics details were increased).

In my opinion it's a game bug that could be fixed by changing the size of the cropped area on a repeating texture or redo some textures. However this would require some time to make them line up properly again - not a GPU fault. Can be fixed by manually erasing (repairing) the first few pixel rows on the checkered flag textures, but when you do that the chequered flag pattern on the finish has a gap in it.

edit: actually it's been so long I cannot remember if it's the bottom of the chequered flag texture, or the top of it. So I'm not sure if it is the AF bleed causing it or it's just the chequered flag segment in the texture that is too long.
i had a look at the piece of track in question, and it suffers the same problem i tried mentioning in another thread. the default texture looks fine (or "good enough"), but when you replace it with an alternate texture, it goes all wonky. the default kerb texture in that section is a white stone texture with no ribbon of green on the outside.
I tried to disable anisotropic filtering and lines are still there.
I noticed those lines on Aston track too.

Someone had made a texture's pack without that problem?

Textures bugs?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG