The online racing simulator
FBM Steering wheel request
(5 posts, started )
I need a steering wheel for the FBM, I don't know if it's even possible to make something having the style of this steering wheel, but I'm kinda looking for a steering wheel like the realy F1 cars.
I've attached a picture which shows a wheel I really like...

If it matters, I'm driving a Redbull skinned FBM, Redbull suit and Mark webber's helm...So it sort of need to fit in^^ if you understand, I don't need any crazy redbull markings on it, just not a wheel with, for example ferrari markings...bmw and mercedes is okay

Also, I'm not quite sure how to use the steering wheel? like where to put the file to make it appear in-game.
Attached images
F1 steering wheel.jpg
you are only able to change the dds skin of the wheel, just the same as the suits
Quote from Whiskey :you are only able to change the dds skin of the wheel, just the same as the suits

Oh, but is it possible to make a skin of a steering wheel, looking like a real one? not in shape, but just the skin
I haven't looked at the FBM's mapping, but if it was done the same as the newer XR and XF interiors, then probably not. (By which I mean they use a tiled texture). However, if it is a simgle texture applied across the whole wheel, then yes, it is possible. Takes some skill and much time to look realistic, though.
Quote from MAGGOT :I haven't looked at the FBM's mapping, but if it was done the same as the newer XR and XF interiors, then probably not. (By which I mean they use a tiled texture). However, if it is a simgle texture applied across the whole wheel, then yes, it is possible. Takes some skill and much time to look realistic, though.

Thinking about it that way, I think it acutally is possible, by accident i tried to add a g25 skin to the XFG's steering wheel, but I enden up with the FBM's steering wheel all coloured up like a g25 wheel :P

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG