The online racing simulator
Kick/Ban System
(9 posts, started )
Kick/Ban System
Yes, as it happens, i was just banned.

Would it be a good idea to not allow voting to ban until the "banee" has already been kicked by vote?

There's too many ban-happy lfs users out there..

And I hate it when I become the person that casts the deciding vote.

I've had someone try and ban me for not "hitting 1".

It's too harsh a penalty left in the hands of the average internet gamer..
Safety rating system
I saw a few times how someone voted to ban for someone without any reason by missclick or malice.

A good solution would be introduction of safety rating system.

Driver rating should be based on number of dangerous situations caused by yellow flags, ignoring blue flags, breaking speed limit in pit lane, wrong way driving etc.
Result of each driver should be possible to verify on LFSW website or by LFSW command in LFS.

Then vote option for host should look like this:

// no/yes: can guests vote to kick
/votekick=yes

// 1-100: can guests vote to kick driver whose safety rating is less than X %
/ratekick=50

// no/yes: can guests vote to ban
/voteban=yes

// 1-100: can guests vote to ban driver whose safety rating is less than X %
/rateban=20

Regardless of host settings, anyone can still be kicked / banned in any time by admin for any reason.
Due to drifters and cruise drivers, safety rate system should be down for cruise mode.
Yeah, well, this is LFS. Most of the players of this game are around 10.
By the way, I was just being randomly 'vote-banned' while checking the server's ban list... So ironic...
Quote from adamshl :I saw a few times how someone voted to ban for someone without any reason by missclick or malice.

A good solution would be introduction of safety rating system.

This already works with Airio.

You cannot be voted off our servers if the rank difference is too big between the one who wants to start a vote and the one where the vote is being issued for.

The one who starts the vote is being kicked if this happens
Quote from Johnny Mountain :Yeah, well, this is LFS. Most of the players of this game are around 10.

You must race on some strange servers then.
Quote from Johnny Mountain :Yeah, well, this is LFS. Most of the players of this game are around 10.

This chart shows something else, but does not change the fact that some people behave like 10-year-old children.

Quote from cargame.nl :This already works with Airio.

You cannot be voted off our servers if the rank difference is too big between the one who wants to start a vote and the one where the vote is being issued for.

The one who starts the vote is being kicked if this happens

You're right, but this system does not work globally, unless since the last time when I was online something had changed.
Attached images
Racer-age graph.png
stupid question
it sounds stupid. i had the same experience. a ban for nothing. my question is. for how long is the ban. or is it for ever?
#9 - amp88
Quote from veilside1992 :my question is. for how long is the ban. or is it for ever?

If people vote to ban you it's 24 hours, if you get banned by an admin it can be anywhere from 12 hours to 999 days.

Kick/Ban System
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG