The online racing simulator
Koran Burning
(194 posts, started )
Quote from maggot :http://www.explosm.net/db/files/comics/rob/nine-eleven.png

lmao at that pic
An effigy of the Pastor has been torched

Kind of ironic?
-
(Scott Mckenzie) DELETED by Scott Mckenzie : will only cause confrontation....
I need to open a flag sales business in the middle east!
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :is it bad that this picture had me and my roommate cracking up periodically for about an hour after seeing it, whenever one of us remembered it?

I was disappointed with it being the PC term
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :I need to open a flag sales business in the middle east!

Don't miss out the opportunity to cross sell lighter fluid
so the pastor didn't burn any korans, but protesters in the middle east burn effigies of him and the american flag? Who is really guilty here? He threatened to do it, THEY ACTUALLY DID IT. I wish people would stop seeing Radical Islam as the poor freedom fighters who should be sympathized with. They are no more innocent or weak than any other military/political force.
Quote from flymike91 :so the pastor didn't burn any korans, but protesters in the middle east burn effigies of him and the american flag? Who is really guilty here? He threatened to do it, THEY ACTUALLY DID IT. I wish people would stop seeing Radical Islam as the poor freedom fighters who should be sympathized with. They are no more innocent or weak than any other military/political force.

I think people sympathise with them because they are tired of jingoistic american teenagers mouthing off about them all the time.
Quote from flymike91 :so the pastor didn't burn any korans, but protesters in the middle east burn effigies of him and the american flag? Who is really guilty here? He threatened to do it, THEY ACTUALLY DID IT. I wish people would stop seeing Radical Islam as the poor freedom fighters who should be sympathized with. They are no more innocent or weak than any other military/political force.

Glenn? is that you!?!?
2+2=4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They didnt burn a Bible, they burned a flag. Burn the iraqi flag or afghan flag, not like americans never did that before either?
The effigy was likely built in anticipation of the Pastor's book burning, then when he didn't go through with it they all probably thought 'well, we've already gone to such great trouble building this thing... hmmm... let's torch it anyway!!'.

And then they had a barbeque.
Never let a good effigy go to waste, and if you don't celebrate a terrorist attack against the parliment ( The West ) then you have to create your own effigy burning excuses.

Thats where my new franchise opportunity " Burning's R Us " is looking at a current gap in the market.
We sell a wide range of effigies to cater to all tastes, after all you don't want to be burning the same effigy as your neighbours - try one of our professional models with the preinstalled explosives.
Make your burning truly memorable.
We also carry a full range of flags and lighter fluid. Our plan is to go multinational then we can sell muslim effigies and flags to americans and visa versa.
We also have a range of shoes specially selected for their aerodynamic properties in a range of weights.

Then all thats needed is for an outrage event monthly and there's your cashflow.
Our Marketing dept currently have that well in hand.

If anyone is interested in a franchise just PM me.
This is just out today, and here I'm quoting the ex deputy head of MI6 who wrote part of the report and Baroness Manningham-Buller the former head of Britain’s domestic security service, MI-5.

Yes, another conspiracy theory, when will I ever quote responcible, reliable people who support the establishment, oh, wait, I am ..................

"Baroness Manningham-Buller the former head of Britain’s domestic security service, MI-5, testified that the Iraq War was generated by a farrago of lies and faked evidence from the Blair government. What we call "terrorism" is largely caused by the western invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, she testified."

"
The IISS report goes on to acknowledge the presence of western troops in Afghanistan is actually fuelling national resistance. I saw the same phenomena during the 1980’s Soviet occupation of Afghanistan.

"
The report, presided over by the former deputy director of Britain’s foreign intelligence agency, MI-6, says the threat from al-Qaeda and Taliban has been "exaggerated" by the western powers. The US-led mission in Afghanistan has "ballooned" out of all proportion from its original aim of disrupting and defeating al-Qaeda. The US-led war in Afghanistan, says IISS, using uncharacteristically blunt language, is "a long-drawn-out disaster".

"Just recently, CIA chief Leon Panetta admitted there were no more than 50 members of Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. Yet US President Barack Obama has tripled the number of US soldiers there to 120,000 to fight Al Qaeda."

Interestingly, the portion of the report overseen by the former MI-6 Secret Intelligence Service deputy chief, Nigel Inskster, finds little Al Qaeda threat elsewhere, notably in Somalia and Yemen. Yet Washington is beefing up its attacks on both turbulent nations."
http://uruknet.info/?p=m69746&hd=&size=1&l=e
We've known that the Blair government lied us into a war by exaggeration for about 7 years, its nothing new.
There are many people who would disagree with that, Tony and his new book for one.

If your country is invaded illegally and you resist that then your a terrorist.
Apply this theory to your country.

Would you be a terrorist ? ( or freedom fighter when you win )

It really depends on perspective.

To hear some Americans you'd think that they firmly support the concept that all the worlds resources are the US's resources.
This is stated US policy by the way.

And why should rogue states have the right to kill millions in their pursuit of money for those wealthy people who control the military.

Indian author and Booker Prize winner, Arundhati Roy, describes in the British newspaper, The Guardian, the result of American sponsored actions: “millions killed in Korea, Vietnam and Cambodia, the 17,500 killed when Israel — backed by the US — invaded Lebanon in 1982, the 200,000 Iraqis killed in Operation Desert Storm, the thousands of Palestinians who have died fighting Israel's occupation of the West Bank. And the millions who died, in Yugoslavia, Somalia, Haiti, Chile, Nicaragua, El Salvador, the Dominican Republic, Panama, at the hands of all the terrorists, dictators and genocidists whom the American government supported, trained, bankrolled and supplied with arms. And this is far from being a comprehensive list.” (Arundhati Roy, The algebra of infinite justice, The Guardian, September 29, 2001)
I think some people just call it war. The only thing that has changed since the dawn of civilization is that now nations who are completely uninvolved in anything but sheep farming get all butthurt about the winners being generally more badass.

p.s. Israel won the six day war. Everyone else lost. Since when does a country win a war and then turn around and say, "you guys should stick around! Definitely no hard feelings!"
Quote from Racer X NZ :There are many people who would disagree with that, Tony and his new book for one.

Nawww, really?
Does anyone else keep misreading the title as "Korean Burning"...

Koran Burning
(194 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG