The online racing simulator
Halo Reach
(29 posts, started )
Finished the campaign on heroic, done some team slayer and firefight matchmaking.

The campaign is very good. Great pacing, proper enemy ai (some encounters can be scary :P), no infinite enemy ai, exciting battles, big open spaces, nice vehicle battles etc.

Problems with campaign: framerate at some points and squad ai when it comes to vehicles.

All multiplayer matches have been a blast so far. And the psych profile settings seem to work with matchmaking. One of the settings is "polite" voice communication. Didn't hear any whiney kids yet.
I hear they did away with the "every player is equal" part of multiplayer, which is to say it wasn't like COD where one godly player can nuke the whole map. The review I read talked about earning jet packs and armor boosts...thats when I knew I wasn't going to buy it.
Quote from flymike91 :I hear they did away with the "every player is equal" part of multiplayer, which is to say it wasn't like COD where one godly player can nuke the whole map. The review I read talked about earning jet packs and armor boosts...thats when I knew I wasn't going to buy it.

Then the review is wrong. From what I played - jet packs, armor boosts are unlocked from the beginning. Depending on the game type, each player can be limited to one ability. In some game modes you can change the ability and starter weapons during spawn. For example I played team slayer and in 3 matches there was only sprint enabled, but in other 2 matches I could pick any class I wanted during each spawn.

The only thing you unlock is armor visuals - sort of like "visual tuning" of your spartan. :P
Well, I played through 1/2 the campaign last night on Heroic (co-op with my boss ). It's very very fun. A bit hard, but that's because I play Halo like if I was Rambo. Oh well, it's been fun so far.

Halo Reach
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG