The online racing simulator
Any 1337 people?
(14 posts, started )
#1 - AMB
Any 1337 people?
Basically I use to rip movies off sites like Megavideo and basically any flash embedded film using a FLV downloader called Moyea, I was wondering if there's any other way or program capable of doing this since my old method (Moyea FLV) does not work anymore and I'm sick of the Megavideo limits...
The method I use might not work on windows, but I think it's still worth exploring. Both Opera and Firefox save precached flash videos to a file which can be played directly in any movie player. All you have to do is find these files and copy them somewhere else so they won't be deleted when browser cleans up the cache.
Assuming you use Firefox and Win Vista+, I'd look for them somewhere in C:\Users\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\something\Cache. Firefox doesn't add any extension to files it caches, so you'll have to find some tool which checks the file type by MIME.

The benefits of this (somewhat convoluted) method? It works with nearly 100% effectiveness on ANY site and you don't need any extra tool for it.
#3 - Bean0
Firefox + Downloadhelper
#4 - troy
#5 - AMB
Thanks for the suggestions, going to try Troys idea.
#6 - arco
This 1337 enough for you Matt?

#7 - AMB
Quote from arco :This 1337 enough for you Matt?

Oh my! lol.. I'm guessing this is not a free site
#8 - arco
XBMC with the Navi-X plugin.

There's a simulator here you can try to test it.
#9 - AMB
Downloading now thanks, time to see what I can do on this beast
#10 - AMB
Hmm, getting this error when I try to run XBMC...
Attached images
error.jpg
#11 - arco
I'm having trouble installing the Navi-x client onto XBMC. I put it into the scripts folder, but in XBMC nothing shows up in the scripts tab, and manually adding it doesn't help. So how to get this to work?
#13 - arco
If you have installed XBMC Dharma beta 2, which I suggest, you go to System -> Add-ons and choose Install from zip file. Then browse to and select the Navi-X zip file you downloaded. After that you can start the Navi-X plugin from the Programs menu in the home screen.
#14 - PoVo
Real Player has a function to download flash clip. Just be sure to enable this option on installation.

Any 1337 people?
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG