The online racing simulator
Force Feedback Adjustment
(3 posts, started )
Hi!
Thanks for a fantastic game!!

I have just purcased S2, and I have a little difficulty in adjust my MOMO Force proberly.

Its about the force feedback settings. I cant find much to do other than decrease or increase the force settings.

I would like a manual/link how to adjust several settings, such as the rumble force, center force, crash force, and so forth.
The forces are calculated from what the steering colum receives. They are not adjustable values like in games that use 'effects' for the force feedback, as used in rFactor and GTR et al.

Short of adjusting the geometry of the cars in question (and the only way we can do this is via crashing), you only have the strength alterable.

However, all is not lost. In the game controller options (in windows, not LFS) you should be able to turn down the damping and forces to zero (but leave the tickbox ticked). This should guarantee a good feel.

I've done this from memory, so if anyone wants to improve on what I've said, or correct me then, as always, feel free.
One thing you didn't mention Tristan, is that the camber (of the front wheels) and caster also affect FFB, and they can be adjusted without crashing (although you're limited to just camber on some road cars).

@RacerManden: basically LFS uses physics for the FFB (which is better), rather than effects, so the only way to change the FFB would be to alter the world, tyre or suspension physics.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG