The online racing simulator
crashes on win7x64
(4 posts, started )
crashes on win7x64
with the latest Z patch...

on 5 different high end computers, nvidia, ati video cards, all intel multicore processors, some i5 and some i7s, all with more than 4gb of memory and all running windows7 64, some freshly installed, some with old os, i'm using a g27, a dfp and a force gt on another.

i create a race on the server, using the game, not dedicated, the other pcs join all good... start the race, all good...

we exit the game, and some computers exit properly, but most exit and the game crashes... (the building a report window pops up), that's no problem, we're exiting the game.

the problem is, when everyone is connected, we finished the race to reorder the grid, and if we change the track, to let's say kyoto ring, game randomly crashes on some computers sometimes and in some others in another time, even the server.

if i create the race in kyoto ring, and everyone joins, no problem, but last time we tried adding lots of ai, 2 per each pc (thats 5 players and 10 ai in total), when the race ends, (server autosaves replay), game crashes on the pcs and frequently on the server.

summarizing, game crashes usually on standby connected clients when server changes the track, and when finishing the race (shift-x)with lots of ai while the server autosaves at the end.

anyone knows anything about this?
The only thing I can say is that Windows 7 is not the cause, because me and many others have no problems with it.

Is LFS installed in Program Files or anywhere without writting permission?
its on the root, c:\lfs
just tried assigning a single cpu on the task manager, still crashes.

could it be enbseries?
Quote from vf1-nazca :
could it be enbseries?

Disable it and find out.

Running LFS as a Steam shortcut causes some stability issues on my machine, so I wouldn't be surprised if similar graphics hooks caused problems.

I've only had up to about 5 LFS crashes in over a year that probably weren't caused by 3rd party software.

crashes on win7x64
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG