The online racing simulator
(IHR)Random Madness Competition with CASH prizes
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls,

To celebrate the opening of our brand new server, (IHR)Random Madness, we have decided to run a competion.

There will be a first prize of £50 and the remainder of the prize fund will be shared equally between 5 runners up. This will sent to the winners via paypal.

The competiion will Start on the 3rd July 2010 at 19.00 GMT and run until the 31st August 2010 19.00 GMT

To be eligible for a prize you must run at least 200 laps on the server while the competition is running.

There will be 6 racers picked from the following criteria and the winner will simply be drawn out of a hat. The criteria will be:

Most amount of Driving points (!ptd)
A Random position in the driving points ranking (!ptd) This number will be decided with input from lfs forum users after the event.
Most amount of laps driven
Top 3 points per lap (if you score 200 points in 200 laps your points per lap will be 1) In the event of a tie this will go to the racers with the highest safety rating.

In the event of the same driver filling more than one criteria a different driver will be picked using one of the above criteria. (ie if driver with most points also has most laps then 2nd most laps driver will be picked.)

As you can see the first prize may not go to the fastest racer or the racer who has the most amount of time to spend on the server. With the random ranked player becoming eligible it really will mean ANYONE can win the top prize.

Our normal server rules will apply and the reports section on our forum will work in the usual way with full visiblity.

If you are currently banned from IHR servers we will be accepting appeals on our forum and will deal with each case seperately.

Good Luck

Ironhorse Racing

Edit: (IHR) Members are not eligible to enter this competition.
yes
Im ready
Good incentive to make public racing more active.

I hope it works out.
#4 - IMOL
I will drive too
Ofc it starts when tour de france starts:doh: :P
lol
Do people still watch Tour de Drugs?
#8 - hp999
If it's Tour de Nubs, then no.

I'm up for it, shall begin driving today.
i was racing on this server yesterday... was some pretty good racing
Quote from hansonator69 :i was racing on this server yesterday... was some pretty good racing

dont you mean you were timing out on that server?

jk, yeah it was good.
Quote from hansonator69 :i was racing on this server yesterday... was some pretty good racing

Finally back into LFS?

I'm always on an IHR server :P will try
Me too
I am also always in an IHR server
KILLFIX
Reminder
Just to remind you all that this competition starts today at 19.00 GMT

We hope to see a lot of you seasoned lfs'ers going for the top 3 points per lap prizes.

I will try to post weekly updates of who is currently in 5 of the 6 prize positions.

Good luck to everyone that takes part.

Edit: Due to my inability to read a diary and subsequent fail, the competition will start approximately one hour early(18.00 GMT). What difference will one hour make to 60 odd days?
After a disapointing start to this competition the current standings for 5 of the 6 criteria are:

most laps
pilot x 645 laps

most points
puzzle 962 points

top 3 points per lap
razvan 3.974576271 points per lap
puzzle 3.630188679 points per lap
gapet35 0.510121457 points per lap
kiyoshi 0.484716157 points per lap

As stated in my first post, no one person can claim more than 1 of the 6 prize spots which is I have named 4 users in the top3 points per lap.

All of the above have also completed the miminum requirement of 200 laps. I am sure the top 3 points per lap will be closer at the end.
Due to the low take up of numbers on our Random Madness server we have decided to open this competition out to all of our servers and change driving points to total points during the period.

The criteria for the 6 positions will now be

Most amount of points made during the competition period
A Random position in the points, during the competition period, ranking. This number will be decided with input from lfs forum users after the event.
Most amount of laps driven
Top 3 points per lap (if you score 200 points in 200 laps your points per lap will be 1) In the event of a tie this will go to the racers with the highest safety rating.

The top prize will still be £50 with £5 going to each runner up. Payable via a paypal transfer.
No more updates for provisional results ?
I've been a bit busy lately with a new addition to our family a couple weeks ago. I have all the data backed up that I need and will announce something soon.
Congrats Nick
Congrats menantoll and well done everyone, was great to race for points.
So any news about the final results? its been a few weeks now.
Man there are some impatient people around here.

It's been less than 12 days which is not even 2 weeks, let alone "a few weeks". Who'd have thought it, someone on lfsforum exaggerating about the amount of time taken to give and update/results!

Razvan, have you ever had a new born child to look after? It takes up almost all of your time and energy.

I also have the problem of having a hard drive crash recently and all the tools I used to get the data I need out of the sql files were on that hard drive. Luckily I have back ups of the the start and end sql files but it will take me a while to find the right tools and then extract the data.

Do not worry though. The cash in safe in a Paypal account and I hope to have some results by the end of the month.
Man, not trying to be impatient, and had i known you had a new born child(for which i must congratulate you) i wouldnt have posted anything.

Take your time, were just so used to the "early 2009' lines you know
Any news yet?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG