Personal Opinions: G25 vs G27
hi people

right now i have the G25

but i whant to try the G27

any personal opinions? better? whorst?

thanks in advance

regards
If you like buttons, go for it.
Quote from Bose321 :If you like buttons, go for it.

What if he likes sequential?

I think he's asking for a more elaborated opinion, like FFB and pedals diferences
Quote from Whiskey :What if he likes sequential?

I think he's asking for a more elaborated opinion, like FFB and pedals diferences

Yeah, if you like sequential, get the G25. About FFB and pedals... Doesn't matter, it's all the same, kind makes me think of CoD games.
Quote from Neto_r :
any personal opinions? better? whorst?

Definitey better IMO. The wheel/feedback feels better than the G25's. Mind you, there are few oddities with it: if you run wide into grass/gravel the feedback force drops (theres even an audiable clunck :razz - it feels wierd. Very noticable in Bl2 with the asphalt/gravel track.

Pedals feel the same for me. No idea if its any differnt from the standard pedals from the G25. The H gate isnt as loose as the G25 (and of course, now there is no sequential shifting with the shifter).

But is it worth getting a G27 when you have a G25 in good working condition? No, I don't think so.
The next upgrade for a G25 user is a Fanatec GT3 RS/911 Turbo S.
Yeah, though I have neither. Though I did have the G25 for a while before I got my DFGT. I'd say that it isn't worth it. The G25 is a great piece of equipment, and the pedals? Don't they just have a bigger attachment bracket so you can mount the brakes further left and right to fit your heel-toe needs? And the shifter? nothing some modding can't fix. And sequential is always great to have in hand.

No, I'd agree with everyone else. If it is still in OK condition, upgrade is useless. I mean...

If you don't want it, I'd be glad to dispose of it properly for you. I know of a big dumpster behind my gaming table, and two monitors that fits just a G25. Interested, my good sir?
you shoutld take a look at that

ratings from the guys..

G25 G27
88 91
89 90

so it´s better, but DEFINITELY not worth to throw away the old one and get the new one. I will buy the G27 (if my G25 breaks and there is no better wheel since then^^)
#9 - Neo_
I had the G25 for a couple of years and I just got a G27. It isn't that much different actually, but its loads quieter, has a MUCH better feel shifter, and has more buttons, which is handy.

But to be honest, I don't see the G27 as an upgrade from the G25, I see it as a G25 2.0... The g27 isn't better, it just fixes everything that was wrong with the G25.

So if you have £300 to splash, get a G27. If you don't, get a G25.
thanks for the reply´s

yeah, the main reason its beacuase i sell my old G25 (2 years using it) and in exc condition

so im looking for another G25, but on EBAY and Amazon are unavailable

and in my country (costa rica) its not possible to find it

the leds in the G27 dont work for LFS

the good thing is the extra buttons in the wheel

the bad thing removing the sequential in the H shifter

but if somebody is selling a G25 new or used, let me know

beacause i prefer a G25...

thanks for the help !
I have a G25 and G27, G25 feels more direct, more precise, this might be because of the anti backlash system in the transmission, however my G25 started going off-center after intense use. The G27 on the other hand feels vague but at the same time the transmission feels (and so far is) allot sturdier. It is also allot quieter. The shifter is a bit stiffer but I can't see it as a stronger or more durable than the G25 shifter. The pedals aren't much different.

My personal conclusion: Try to buy a cheap(ish) fairly new used G25

Please note this is all from my opinion.
Quote from John5200 :you shoutld take a look at that

ratings from the guys..

G25 G27
88 91
89 90

so it´s better, but DEFINITELY not worth to throw away the old one and get the new one. I will buy the G27 (if my G25 breaks and there is no better wheel since then^^)

Sry but, have you ever heard of Fanatec? Those wheels are alot nicer, read MijnWraak's post. After a G25, you should get a Fanatec wheel.
Well if anyone decides to sell on there g25 then i will buy, i have already made a thread but ... this gets my point accross a bit,

around £130/$200 i am willing to spend.
Quote from IKke5165 :I have a G25 and G27, G25 feels more direct, more precise, this might be because of the anti backlash system in the transmission, however my G25 started going off-center after intense use. The G27 on the other hand feels vague but at the same time the transmission feels (and so far is) allot sturdier. It is also allot quieter. The shifter is a bit stiffer but I can't see it as a stronger or more durable than the G25 shifter. The pedals aren't much different.

My personal conclusion: Try to buy a cheap(ish) fairly new used G25

Please note this is all from my opinion.

Maybe it's due to the gears format of the G27, that do not use the usual saw tooth pattern.

The saw tooth pattern is noisy, but maybe more precise.
#15 - senn
How are the fanatecs nicer? they have crap clamps, pedals that look like they'd fall apart in a light breeze etc etc. I did look at getting one a while ago and all i could find was people bitching about how theirs had broken and so on...
Quote from senn :How are the fanatecs nicer? they have crap clamps, pedals that look like they'd fall apart in a light breeze etc etc. I did look at getting one a while ago and all i could find was people bitching about how theirs had broken and so on...

The clamps are fine, just have some vertical play.

Always assume we're talking about the ClubSport edition which comes with the CSPs, extremely better than any other pedal out there in the price point. Load cell brakes, contactless gas/clutch, all metal.

Most of the defects have been gone with the new builds. The companys is fairly new so it was expected for there to be problems in the first year or two. The v2 version of the GT3 rs has been flawless for me and many others so far. Just wish they'd fix the damn fan noise already, but they can do that with a firmware upgrade.
Quote from senn :How are the fanatecs nicer? they have crap clamps, pedals that look like they'd fall apart in a light breeze etc etc. I did look at getting one a while ago and all i could find was people bitching about how theirs had broken and so on...

Do you have any experience other then LOOKING? No.

Also, I don't know about the stock pedals, but if you would look at the CS Pedals, you would talk differently. The clamps work perfect, just some vertical play like MijnWraak said, but not that much that it's noticeable when you drive with it. The clamps are IMO easier, just put the wheel on your desk, do the clamps in like a second and done.
Quote from Bose321 :Do you have any experience other then LOOKING? No.

Also, I don't know about the stock pedals, but if you would look at the CS Pedals, you would talk differently. The clamps work perfect, just some vertical play like MijnWraak said, but not that much that it's noticeable when you drive with it. The clamps are IMO easier, just put the wheel on your desk, do the clamps in like a second and done.

If things work don't complain. If others complain don't care because you know it works, my dad says that. A buddy of mine has fanatec 911 gt3rs wheel with the clubsport pedals and he has no complaints about the clamping system. TBH I think its excellent but don't wanna shell out for another wheel until my g25 dies a happy death

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG