The online racing simulator
FXR, XRR, FZR 300k/ph?
(22 posts, started )
FXR, XRR, FZR 300k/ph?
The thing that annoys me about these cars is they can't reach a top speed 300 k/ph. In the real world, cars related to these such as V8 Supercars and DTM cars are capable of making 300 k/ph so why not in the cars in the game?
Both Aussie V8 supercars and the DTM run V8 engines, well, at least I know Audi do.
None of the GTR cars in LFS run a V8 nor are any really close to the 4.0ltr engines of DTM in terms of power.
Now when you compare them to a V8 Supercar you see a big difference, A V8 Supercar has a 5.0ltr IIRC and gives out around 630hp.
Now do you see the differences?

---Edit---
Just took a nice Oval set and had a test, Max I got from it was 290k/ph so I'm sure 300 is workable if you choose the correct ratios.
GTR class in LFS differs a bit from DTM and V8 Supercars. V8 Supercars have over 600 bhp and probably weaker aero packet. Also note that both DTM and V8 Supercars run V8 engines whereas GTR's in LFS have either 2 litre turbocharged I4 (FXR, XRR) or 3.6 litre I6 (FZR). That means that they most likely have narrower powerband which requires tighter gearing and doesn't allow for high top speeds. I haven't really tested it, but FZR can do 270 kph on AS Nat if you set low downforce. It would probably do 300 kph if the with the lowest downforce possible and appropriate setup.
Anyway, what's annoying about driving and 270 kph instead of 300?

BTW: It's either kph (imperial form) or km/h (metric form), but definitely not k/ph
Yeah, I understand that there are a different sort of engine and power band and stuff like that. But, what i'm trying to say is that it would be nice for those cars to have a bit more grunt in them. I think it would make for more exiciting racing then without using tweaks.
Quote from Luttsy :Yeah, I understand that there are a different sort of engine and power band and stuff like that. But, what i'm trying to say is that it would be nice for those cars to have a bit more grunt in them. I think it would make for more exiciting racing then without using tweaks.

Don't use tweaks, then you won't know what you're missing.. Problem solved.
Quote from jakeeatworld :Just took a nice Oval set and had a test, Max I got from it was 290k/ph so I'm sure 300 is workable if you choose the correct ratios.

In which car? I checked FZR@KY1 WR (by 510N3D) in RAF analyzer and he didn't reached even 290 km/h there.
#7 - senn
it can be done.
Quote from azasmith14 :Don't use tweaks, then you won't know what you're missing.. Problem solved.

I don't use tweaks.
Quote from E.Reiljans :In which car? I checked FZR@KY1 WR (by 510N3D) in RAF analyzer and he didn't reached even 290 km/h there.

FZR with a set from one of the FM boys.
Have got 280km/h in a FZR(+23kg) start/finish straight at AS4
300km/h with 490HP and those big wings is just not possible.

But yeah, LFS could use some more powerful cars. Especially more powerful road cars, super cars.
Quote from geeman1 :300km/h with 490HP and those big wings is just not possible.

But yeah, LFS could use some more powerful cars. Especially more powerful road cars, super cars.

Yeah, if they could increase the power that would be great.
Done around 310 km/h with them, with drafting, FZR and XRR that is.
Oval

Done around 300-305 on AS tracks with drafting and low wings setting too.
Quote from The Very End :Oval

Done around 300-305 on AS tracks with drafting and low wings setting too.

Where did you get the setup or did you make it yourself?
I downloaded from setupfield, used oval set
Quote from MadCatX :BTW: It's either kph (imperial form) or km/h (metric form), but definitely not k/ph

imperial would be MPH!!!
He means the initialism.
k/ph reads kilometer per per hour.
I see your 3 ! marks and raise you !!!!.
Quote from Breizh :He means the initialism.
k/ph reads kilometer per per hour.
I see your 3 ! marks and raise you !!!!.

Who cares about whats metric and imperial, I just want to go faster in these cars

FXR, XRR, FZR 300k/ph?
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG