The online racing simulator
British, Irish Rallying and WRC
Just to clarify as well that WRC stands for - World Rally Championship - incase you didn't know!

Well i remember one of my first threads being about Rallying, but i don't think it ever actually lifted off. So, now that i have returned why not try again?

Anyone following the WRC this year, or is anyone more locally going to rally's in Britain and Ireland?

Anyone ever take part, or would want to take part?

And what is your views on rallying compared to other motor sport?

Personally i think it's one of the best and most adrenaline pumping motor sport you can get, maybe because i've been involved in it from a very young age and the fact i take part in it, but as a whole spectating as well just a lot more entertaining in my eyes.

On to the WRC looks like Loeb has it in the bag with four rounds to go as long as he doesn't do anything stupid! Ogier has had a really good year though and given Loeb a run for his money, lets just hope next year we might see a closer battle at the top and not let it be a one horse race!

Anyone ever been to a WRC event? I'm heading to the WRC GB in Wales and can't wait!
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :Just to clarify as well that WRC stands for - World Rally Championship - incase you didn't know!

Well i remember one of my first threads being about Rallying, but i don't think it ever actually lifted off. So, now that i have returned why not try again?

Anyone following the WRC this year, or is anyone more locally going to rally's in Britain and Ireland?

Anyone ever take part, or would want to take part?

And what is your views on rallying compared to other motor sport?

Personally i think it's one of the best and most adrenaline pumping motor sport you can get, maybe because i've been involved in it from a very young age and the fact i take part in it, but as a whole spectating as well just a lot more entertaining in my eyes.

On to the WRC looks like Loeb has it in the bag with four rounds to go as long as he doesn't do anything stupid! Ogier has had a really good year though and given Loeb a run for his money, lets just hope next year we might see a closer battle at the top and not let it be a one horse race!

Anyone ever been to a WRC event? I'm heading to the WRC GB in Wales and can't wait!

Wow really, I'd never heard of WRC before.

Yeah keep going away and coming back, great excuse for pointless threads.

WRC is shit and has been for the past few years.

Sure we all would if we could.

It's more dirty and you see less action as a spectator.

Never been, good for you.
Quote from boothy :Wow really, I'd never heard of WRC before.

Yeah keep going away and coming back, great excuse for pointless threads.

WRC is shit and has been for the past few years.

Sure we all would if we could.

It's more dirty and you see less action as a spectator.

Never been, good for you.

Pointless threads? Yes give me a valid reason why this is pointless.

WRC is shit? Ahrite ok, and where is reasoning. I love it how you moan about something but have no reason behind it. Nice mature of you.

You see less action? Quite frankly, i would rather sit and watch 100+ cars go around tight corners at speed in some great looking cars getting some sideways action and normally seeing at least one of into a ditch, a roll or a big accident seeing cars pushed to there limits, and going over big jumps at 100+ mph. Than seeing the same 20-40 people going round the same circuit several times where they are pretty much glued to the track, with barely no excitement what so ever, and just seeing them go ZOOOOOOM and that's it.

So, instead of just saying, pointless and shit. Where is your reasoning.
Going to the brand new Rallye of France round in a few weeks. The closest stages are only 15-20 kilometers from home.

Obviously it'll be great fun to see WRC again. Been at the rallye of Germany 4 years ago, good memories, especially with the epic Panzerplatte...

Sadly WRC has been really messed up by Richards over the last 15 years. It's nowhere as good as it used to be.

OT, but wrong section btw.
stopped following the WRC when the contract for perth expired and the council decided it would be better to host the redbull air race...

****ers took away the one and only good thing perth had going for it -.-
Ahh my bad about the wrong section, maybe a mod could move it for me thanks?

Ohh ouch Klutch, that's one extreme to the other! I would still follow though if they didn't have Rally GB still great to watch on the tele.

GreyBull, thats sounds amazing. Do you have to pay expensive prices to get into spectator points or is it fairly reasonable. We were always talking about travelling to another event would be good fun.
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :
GreyBull, thats sounds amazing. Do you have to pay expensive prices to get into spectator points or is it fairly reasonable. We were always talking about travelling to another event would be good fun.

Don't know, really. The rallye is so close to home that i'll sort up everything in very last minute(like the day before or something like that).

But AFAIK you have to pay a pass in order to get to the spectator points. In Germany it was like 15€ for the whole week-end(absolutely not sure about that though, it was 4 years ago).
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Don't know, really. The rallye is so close to home that i'll sort up everything in very last minute(like the day before or something like that).

But AFAIK you have to pay a pass in order to get to the spectator points. In Germany it was like 15€ for the whole week-end(absolutely not sure about that though, it was 4 years ago).

Now that is cheap! We have to be 100 pound here for the whole weekend.
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :Now that is cheap! We have to be 100 pound here for the whole weekend.

Well... This might be because we paid for one day passes. Not sure about that though, I don't have good memories on that point.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG