The online racing simulator
New Austin USA F1 track - Looks like map of UK?
#2 - VoiD
Another Tilke-track... just boring
Race track made from other race tracks:sour:.
Quote from ATHome :Even for Tilke standards it's pretty poor. As already pointed out in the F1 thread, it's just copies different parts from more or less famous circuits.

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=108512&d=1283358435

Now, please tell me, are those circuits where parts of that US track copied from poor and shit ? My answer is no. Maybe it's too long track and having too much different sections (like fast sweaping corners and tight hairpins), but it will be more challeging for making setups and developing a better car
#6 - Lible
Looks boring.
Looks fairly awesome to me.

T1 will be exciting, 6-10 will be fast and challenging, super-long back straight into a tight (<90 degree) corner, another challenging technical bit, and then the Istanbul clone (which is always welcome, IMO). Nice elevation changes, probably nice scenery.
It should be driven reverse direction ...but still.. looks a bit like "stop and go"
#9 - Danke
I'm a bit underwhelmed by that track map... Track height extremes right on both ends of the start/finish straight, the rest more or less bang on in the middle and all the corners look like they'll be flat, the only few altitude changes all happening at straights...

When I heard hilly, I immediately thought Algarve... But I guess making a corner itself uphill or downhill, let alone originality is too much to ask from Tilke... I just hope my doubts are completely unfounded and that it turns out way better than what it looks like in the draft...
Well it's Tilke, so I don't expect anything from him, but the layout looks nice...t3-t11 could be fun, if not made a thousand miles wide....
We'll see...
It will be a great race track and we'll live to see many great races at one, but we'll keep asking ourselves why did Tilke make a race track from other tracks forever and not only that; why the hell did he invert some parts.
Quote from JazzOn :It should be driven reverse direction ...but still.. looks a bit like "stop and go"

Same here, looks much better in reverse!
#14 - aoun
I think it seems like a good concept, really looking forward to it.

Its not like his other creations.
Meh, IMO the track seems fine up until the hairpin leading to the long straight. Then the ripped corners from Turkey and Germany seem like they were just slapped in to try and break apart the boring straight sections. Worst of all, I feel like the last section is so bland it is on the edge of hilarity.
I'm pretty sure nothing's boring when you're doing 200mph.
Put something else on the track besides F1 cars and I'm sure it'll have decent racing.
WTF @ all the negativity.

There hasn't even been a race and there haven't been any actual pictures of the track (I guess) but only this map and you are already saying how much it sucks?

This definitely looks like it has potential to produce good races, IMO.
T1 uphill? Osterreichring anyone?
Waiting to see some onboards once it's drivable. You can only tell so much from a track map.
Quote from TexasLTU :T1 uphill? Osterreichring anyone?

I was thinking of A1 Ring, actually.

It looks like an interesting track. Maybe we should all reserve our judgement until the track is built and sees some racing.
Quote from zeugnimod :WTF @ all the negativity.

There hasn't even been a race and there haven't been any actual pictures of the track (I guess) but only this map and you are already saying how much it sucks?

This definitely looks like it has potential to produce good races, IMO.

Since it's Tilke designed, there's always reason to be skeptical.

Seriously, when i look at his work, it looks to me like all turns on german roads are just sharply bended straight lines, no smooth turns or something, just look at all his tracks (Turkey might be exception to the rule).
Look for expamle at first Monza chicane. Until 1999 it was a piece of track, which required some skill from driver, bouncing over the curbs in much higher speed, than they are now cruising through that triangle, which took its place...
Tilke shouldn't be allowed anywhere near drawing board, even poorly trained monkey could draw better circuit with some less jerky chicanes. I certainly hope it will be better than his usual shit, but it's looking poorly already now.
And at first they were saying, that Tilke won't touch this.
If that's the UK then I live under a giant checkered flag.
some of it looks really good. Turn 1 could be a real signature turn, some nice flowing track from 3-8, and 9 and 10 look pretty hairy with the elevation changes... Turn 11 into the long hilly straight could make some good passing.

I don't know about turn 12 on though...too Tilke for me. And the tributes to Istanbul and Hockenheim make me want to puke. I don't want a tribute of a track, I want a track that is iconic and unique and American, not a cheap copy of iconic, unique Turkish and Geman tracks...

but if I didn't know it was a copy of Hockenheim, I would probably like that part... actually I kinda do... it's nice and technical I never liked the four apex turn though. At least he could have gone one better...

but I can't really know until we see the real thing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG