LFS Database (lfsdb.net) public beta test!
(72 posts, closed, started )
#1 - Lible

Hello Racers,

After the sudden disappearance of the old LFS-Database, many racers have wanted a replacement. Bose321 worked hard on a replacement, however me and Flame CZE were sure that there is much to be improved compared to his solution.

We have been developing yet another site for community made LFS content. Progress has been very good and in three months a completely new site has been built from scratch with the needs of the LFS community specifically in mind. While we are still uploading the best bits and pieces of the old LFS-Database and there are still many features to be finished, the site is ready for usage. We are proud to think that this is the best site for LFS files ever.

And so it is that we can announce the public beta test of LFS DATABASE.

LFS Database will be opened for public on Monday, 30th August

We also want to thank all the alpha testers who have helped us with suggestions and testing.
Attached images
scr2.jpg
scr3.jpg
#2 - Dmt
Great, was waiting for something like that. Hope it wont be postponed.
awesome
Great to see the original's author and Flame made a new database, this can only be good
i was hoping a public lfs beta test
Good job
At last
Brilliant Lible!

Awesome!
So if i am correct this is the same people behind the old one. That ended without any notice as far as i know. So how long will this one live? Will it end without notice as well.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :So if i am correct this is the same people behind the old one. That ended without any notice as far as i know. So how long will this one live? Will it end without notice as well.

This shouldn't end, because the host isn't someone that disappears every once in a while.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :So if i am correct this is the same people behind the old one. That ended without any notice as far as i know. So how long will this one live? Will it end without notice as well.

Two of the three people (me and unseen) from the old site are also working on the new one. The old site went offline because the owner disappeared and stopped paying for the hosting. I am not going to disappear and have given other people sufficient access to the site so that it can function even without me.
Quote from Lible :Two of the three people (me and unseen) from the old site are also working on the new one. The old site went offline because the owner disappeared and stopped paying for the hosting. I am not going to disappear and have given other people sufficient access to the site so that it can function even without me.

OK understood, just checking.
You can trust Lible with this, he knows VERY well what he does.

It's a brilliant system, everything is easy to find!
30 hours left.
what time on 30th will http://www.lfsdb.net go live

Cant wait to see it,

personally i cant see http://www.lfsdb.net ever doing what you are saying or that it will be available for testing anytime soon
Quote from birder :what time on 30th will http://www.lfsdb.net go live

Cant wait to see it,

personally i cant see http://www.lfsdb.net ever doing what you are saying or that it will be available for testing anytime soon

You have misunderstood something. This thread is not about www.lfsdb.net, this is about a site called lfsdb.net

What's your problem anyway?
No problem here

I am not sure what the difference is between a website lfsdb.net and http://www.lfsdb.net which is the website domain

Maybe i am missing something, or you are......

Just to make it clear, when lfsdatabase went missing and some LFS forum members decided to make a new one, to support the community I registered lfsdatabase.eu and supplied an unlimited hosted for it. I did that at my own cost and without any charges.

I did it as i had used lfsdatabase in the past, and no other reason

in post #12 is said "If i can help with hosting like i do with http://www.lfsdatabase.eu just pm my "

To be fair i have been rather dissappointed in the new site however the site is nothing whatsoever to do with me

Why you and the other ones cant work together is beyond me.
lfsdb.net redirects to lfsdatabase.eu, this may mean they are working together... (or not)

I personally applaud any initiative regarding the improvement of lfs experience by the community. I think Bose's intention was grat, and he did a very nice job, but if someone wants to improve it, i see nothing wrong about that!

Now what is beyond me is how people criticize some user's initiatives to do something for the community...

birder: this has nothing to do with you. Is praise-worthy what you have been doing by supporting the existing lfs database. Is just something i sometimes notice.
Quote from eRaptor :lfsdb.net redirects to lfsdatabase.eu, this may mean they are working together... (or not)

Or they bought the second domain on porpuse.

In which case, Lible got screwed over.
It seems that birder is pissed off because I don't want to use his servers and bought the domain he thought I was planning to use. As eRaptor said, this has nothing to do with you Colin and I really can't understand why you are acting like a child here. I can't really understand what it is you want.

Rest assured though, we will be online tomorrow and a dispute about domains is not going to change anything.
To be fair Lible I think its time I stopped supporting anything to do with LFS but i will not do that as i do not want to let people down.

Whos hosting you use is up to you

All I ask is that you all work together, nothing more, nothing less

If you want the domain pointing at your hosting just ask but please dont make me out to be the bad person here.

I think the PM you just sent explains the problems but why cant you guys sort this between you.

All the best
Let me see if I got this straight:

A couple of days ago Lible announced that he's been working on a new project that's going to open soon. The logo and thread title contains the domain lfsdb.net.

And three days later Birder goes ahead and registers that domain?

Quote :
Domain Name: LFSDB.NET
[...]
Creation Date: 28-aug-2010
[...]
Administrative Contact:
Casey, Colin colin@otus.co.uk

That's just .... I can't even ... I'm lost for words!

Quote from birder :To be fair Lible I think its time I stopped supporting anything to do with LFS

Yeah, perhaps you should.
i dont get your point, i noticed that lfsdb.net was not registered so i registered it.

My post clearly says they can have it pointed to there site, if Lible PM's me the nameservers i will point at them

I am just safeguarding the domain so does not go missing again like the last time
Finally the old website will be back. Can't wait to see it Lible.

EDIT: Problem solved, deleted my message, I was too harsh on Bose, sorry.
This thread is closed

(72 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG