The online racing simulator
If that's synthethic sound, then that is awesome..
Judging by that Muira video on youtube, the tyre scrub sounds vastly improved, still could be better but it is a massive improvement on what it was.
Can not wait for GT5 to come out this November, after several years of waiting. So I'm more excited about it. I'm not a fan of driving games at all, but I think I'll make an exception and try this game. I pre-ordered GT5 so I can't wait for it to come out well I think all the sacrifices that made me not buy ffxi gil for a month just to save and have this will be all worth it, but I’m sure it do!
In that M5 video, at 1:17 you can see the plane moving in the background
I have a feeling GT5 is going to be worse than everybody thinks it is
Quote from PoVo :I have a feeling GT5 is going to be worse than everybody thinks it is

Of course it will, nothing ever lives up to the hype.
As long as they get the physics right i'll be happy! Yeah right, i can dream...
Quote from jibber :As long as they get the physics right i'll be happy! Yeah right, i can dream...

Well if they remain on GT Academy demo level, i will be happy, it was IMO just under LFS level, and since these new videos, where we see proper donuts and cars burning rubber in 2nd and 3rd gear, i'm guessing they are even better.. it definately exceeded my expectations.. not to mention if online works great and we can set up qualifications etc..
Quote from danowat :Of course it will, nothing ever lives up to the hype.

Sex certainly did.
Omg, stop with the bikes talk.. there's no point in them anyway, no proper controller, stop asking for them..
Give us some real news, screens, videos CoolCol, you got lazy! :P
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well if they remain on GT Academy demo level, i will be happy, it was IMO just under LFS level, and since these new videos, where we see proper donuts and cars burning rubber in 2nd and 3rd gear, i'm guessing they are even better.. it definately exceeded my expectations.. not to mention if online works great and we can set up qualifications etc..

You could do proper donuts in the Time Trial, figure 8s and what not, just no smoke or skidmarks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv5L-iVsK5U

And according to reports back from Gamescom, force feedback is much improved from the Time Trial
I'm thinking of buying that DFGT, anyone has it? Still have my Momo, works great, except the pedals of course, which are spiking offcourse (:grumpy::irked, and i'm really reluctant to open them up again and get all greasy FFS, only to have to do it again the next month. Besides, i can't set up left/right looks on the Momo in the freakin GT5, i can't drive without that..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm thinking of buying that DFGT, anyone has it? Still have my Momo, works great, except the pedals of course, which are spiking offcourse (:grumpy::irked, and i'm really reluctant to open them up again and get all greasy FFS, only to have to do it again the next month. Besides, i can't set up left/right looks on the Momo in the freakin GT5, i can't drive without that..

I have a DFGT.
Feels pretty good, wheel, but somewhat noisey when turning hard and fast. Sounds like drill or straight cut gearbox...
Wheel doesn't turn fast enough for my liking.
FFB is pretty close to the G25, just 1 motor vs 2 on the G25/G27

Pedals are terrible though! Average travel, and soft resistance.
Small buttons on the back for sequential shifting instead of big metal flaps
But cheap and has lots of wheel placed buttons/dials, plus a horn button that works with GT5
And is the official GT5 wheel.

I'd get a G27 - quiet, faster wheel spinning, way better pedals with clutch. Expensive and not enough buttons

I haven't been able to move my DFGT wheel this quickly. And if I move my DFGT that voilently it makes a lot of noise, which kills the immersion!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNeEO4NpsjY

Logitech make a DFGT+ G27 hybrid!!!!
The G27 shift lights were supported in the Time Trial, and PD do have G27 in their studio
You're kidding me that it's that noisy? Is it noisier then the Momo, if you had the chance to hear Momo? Cause i'm always driving, playing at late hours, and i share my room with my bro.. so it's not quite desirable to have a noisy wheel..
Kaz on his twitter

Quote :
Approximately what's the GT5 install size? I've got a 40GB PS3.

If you have at least 256MB it will work, but if you have 10 GB available you will be able to play comfortably.

Hm, what could that mean, that we could install some of it aswell?
Yes, 10GB for fastest loading, or 256MB if you don't have the HD space, for slower loading. I guess the 10Gb covers the main program and music etc.
Quote from Boris Lozac :You're kidding me that it's that noisy?

i don't know about the g27, but the g25 isn't that noisy if you treat it properly... if you stomp on the gas, it hits a backstop that makes a thunk sound... and if you shift too hard it makes loud clicking noises.

i think most people are just too rough with their stuff.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG