The online racing simulator
GreyBull [CHA]'s league races reviews - Episode 1: HF1S Round 2
GreyBull [CHA]'s league races reviews are small highlights of LFS events with realistic inlays and commentaries. They attempt to share with you the glorious, the famous, the intense, aswell as the shameful moments of the LFS league racing scene.

All highlights will be proposed in English and in French.

Constructive critism is welcome as always.

YouTube links:

Episode 1: HF1S 2010 Round 2, FO8 @ fe3r: Part 1 | Part 2 || Part 1 | Part 2
Episode 2: FRL August 2010 Trophy, LX4 @ as4: Currently Work In Progress

_____

Influences:Special thanks to:
Episode 1: Team Rock Racing's 2010 Historic F1 Series Round 2

Drama at Fern Bay Gold Reversed, as the HF1S gets on the grid for the second time of its history. If the race's not so much eventful at the front, with LFS' Flying Dutch Ramon Blauwhoff not being too much worried for the whole race, it's a different story in mid-field. Appaling standards all over the place, which logically leads into huge incidents, and sometimes strange reactions from the race officials.

YouTube links:

English version: Part 1 | Part 2
French version: Part 1 | Part 2

____

Nota bene: Obviously since it is my very first video ever, it's far from being perfect. The fact is that I had absolutely no experience with most of the softwares I used to create this, so I basically had to learn everything from A to Z. Anyway this is only a first shot, and I hope to produce better stuff for the next times.

Below are listed the improvements I will try to implement next time. Please yell at me if you belive I missed any. I remind you, constructive critism is welcome as always.
  • General overlay display: I will try to put caps all around next time, should look better.

• Overlay display time: Too short for some(especially the intro ones). I will have a look at this for Episode 2.

• General image quality: That's the main point I'm worried about TBH. Since I don't own many internet packs, I was obliged to export the project to .wmv instead of .avi because Magix was creating so much big .avi files that it would have taken ages to upload them. Obviously .wmv files are way lighter but they also look lame. And in the end YouTube takes away even more quality! So sadly the final result doesn't look that much good quality wise. But I'm aware that .avi files could be converted into lighter good looking formats. I'll have a look for episode 2.

• English commentaries: :hide: Commentating in a foreign language is quite an hard thing to do, you know. And those highlights weren't easy at all to commentate as they are extremely *cough* "action-packed" *cough*. It leaves almost no space at all for analysis, so you have to tell what's going on the screen 80% of the time. Anyway, I get very repetitive when it gets to this kind of business - I'll have to work on that.

• Possibly a proper intro? Errr... Yea, but I simply don't have the skills. If anyone's willing to help me on that one, feel free to PM me.

• TV Director cameras: Weren't so much good for this one, should be better next time.

• A replay of the pole lap: Was planned for this one at first, but the frapsed file got corrupted for some reason. Realised it only after the encoding process, and I couldn't really be bothered to have another go.

• Have I missed something? I think so, but I can't recall what Bah, nevermind, enough rant for this I guess.

I already watched Part 1, in english of course , a good idea, Mr Greybull .
Very cool commenting. And awesome race, very entertaining I must say.
#5 - Mysho
Man, effort you put into all your posts and such works like this is incredible. It must kill a lot of time, but it's pleasure to watch. Keep it up.
#6 - Kova.
Nice work Yann, but french commentary has failed :P
Loads of work. Tks. for sharing. Job well done.
well done yann! just wish the quality was better IMO.
Quote from Mustangman759 :well done yann! just wish the quality was better IMO.

No worries, I'll have a look at it next time.
Nice to see this work from you Yann,had some fun time commentating with you in LFSES and nice review of the race,can't wait for more
what can i say?
has usual, very good work my friend, maybe i will give you a hand in the future for the commentating, it might give you some help to deal with all the action.(we will talk about that when you ready to give me a shout)
I looked on HF1S and it is very nice.
Quote from Mysho :Man, effort you put into all your posts and such works like this is incredible. It must kill a lot of time, but it's pleasure to watch. Keep it up.

What he said
Nice work, Yann. Its easy to see that you have put a lot of time and effort into this! Keep it up
Yea... Plenty of free time during holidays
How the f*ck Kings made SC spin?
Quote from TexasLTU :How the f*ck Kings made SC spin?

The Safety Car was already sideways before the contact(great car control BTW!), so a little nudge was enough
i wasnt leader the leaders had passed sc i had all rights hehe and ya he was already gonna loose it.
video 1 5:50 now thats funny then even more at 7:20 thats just rotfl!
Quote from Mustangman759 :i wasnt leader the leaders had passed sc i had all rights hehe and ya he was already gonna loose it

Wrong. The leaders had already gone through the start/finish straight when the Safety Car was released on track.

Anyway, you are not allowed to pass the Safety Car without authorisation in any kind of motorsport. Even if the leaders are in front of the Safety Car on track.
well even so the idiot sc should have waited for the lead car in the pitlane or front strtech, and when he moved to the left i was assuming he was letting me by anyways :/
Quote from Mustangman759 :well even so the idiot sc should have waited for the lead car in the pitlane or front strtech,

Not necessary. If you see in real life, it can happen to have a SC missing the leader, although a good race director will always try to not make it go on track in the middle of the pack.

Quote :and when he moved to the left i was assuming he was letting me by anyways :/

Indeed. He's probably as much(if not more) in fault as you in this incident. Getting that much sideways in front of a racing car is never a good thing to do while SCing
Wow my flip was EPIC!!!!! though I wasn't on the grass on my replay

just LFS's buggard physics.
[Shameless plug] Having burned out with making H2H broadcasts, I salute you for doing this series! It's looking pretty good; looking forward for more!
Quote from Bmxtwins :Wow my flip was EPIC!!!!! though I wasn't on the grass on my replay

just LFS's buggard physics.

More like some weird lag. It seems like the one who made the mpr has had some huge lag spikes at some points.

Quote from Mp3 Astra :[Shameless plug] Having burned out with making H2H broadcasts, I salute you for doing this series! It's looking pretty good; looking forward for more!

Oi! Coming from you Passo, this compliment honnors me

Working on more atm, but I'm not getting so much fast since I decided to work on two reviews at a time for some obscure reasons.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :More like some weird lag. It seems like the one who made the mpr has had some huge lag spikes at some points.

Oi! Coming from you Passo, this compliment honnors me

Working on more atm, but I'm not getting so much fast since I decided to work on two reviews at a time for some obscure reasons.

It looks really epic in cockpit view, and was surprised about the little damage I had :P . Race was fine until mustang punted me though, car just didnt work right after.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG