The online racing simulator
How work progressed
(7 posts, started )
How work progressed
Hi, just thought i'd post a few pics to show how my train of thought works, how one step can inspire another, and so on.

001> My original skin - boring, but works for all of the sedans and coupes, but I felt like I needed more...

002> I was inspired by an aluminium bodykit tutorial i saw somewhere, and decided to try a brushed stainless look by adding noise to the image, and then motion blurring. The decals, i am ashamed to say, are someone elses
apologies to them.

003> A nascar sort-of-look to this one - I may come back to this one someday.

004> ...but this is where it got interesting. I was thinking about adding a galvanised iron look using the crystalize filter when i started on this, but then ran a find edge filter over it, inverted it and made it a layer mask, then applied a glowing layer style to it. presto - glowing cracks. The little logo on the side is my own this time

005> The same technique was used here on a different coloured background and using an emboss layer style. looks like the FF's Thing.

006> Still wasn't happy I had nothing with flames on. so i put flames on the Thing, and some daft looking geometric obects on the back - not sure why...

007> IzgotFlamezon! you might have notices how 'vector' the flames were on the last paint-job. i ran a distortion filter over the flame's layer masks for an organic feel.

008> ...and then thought 'why do the flames have to be yellowy-reddish all the time?' and made the body black, and added a little dancing demon i drew 15 years ago. Finished. Kinda...

someone once said, "true art is never finished, merely abandoned".

There's some bonnet clips and ATL fuel-caps that i've picked up along the way and added in - i cannot for the life of me remember where i got them now, or indeed who they were made by, but they're real cool. so thank you whoever you are. if/when i find out there will be an edit made in your honour.

if anyone would like to have a go at editing any of these for their own use, i'll post skin files for you to edit - just not number 002, although i can take the characters off first i guess...

i hope you find this informative/interesting/amusing. happy racing all!
Attached images
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
The flames on 006 look awesome
Can i edit that 8 skin????

it looks SO! nice!!
Daloonie - I like those flames! I was expecting a tutorial though...

Kajdek - jpg attached for your editing pleasure. I'm keen to see what you do with it.
Attached images
FXO_IzgotFlamezon02.jpg
possible to get the 004 one? possibly a .psd too, please?
Thx il try what i can do

=D

How work progressed
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG