The online racing simulator
More and better Moderators
(66 posts, started )
While the current situations seems ok (although some reports are indeed taking pretty long; and those are reports that do get acted upon, just the people are only banned 5 or 6 days after the report was submitted) but I do think that there is a need for more (active) mods when the big patch comes out because I expect the number of posts to at least triple in the first few weeks after the release.
Quote from Luke.S :less idiots?

bye then

Good thing you left.
Quote from dadge :i find it would be better is the users of the forum followed the RULES of the forum. pointless having your hissy fit on multiple threads. you were discussing illegal software which (as far as i know) is not allowed on this forum.

Since when is Mafia II illegal software?
it's not illegal. but the leaked version is. and so is the crack you weren't talking about.
I said that it already is leaked 2 days ago. Someone else said it was leaked didn't get an infraction...
Quote from Bose321 :I said that it already is leaked 2 days ago. Someone else said it was leaked didn't get an infraction...

yes he did. DMT also got an infratcion. this is the moderation that you don't see. perfect example imo.
Quote from Bose321 :didn't get an infraction...

There are infractions that are marked with "red card" at the bottom of the post and those that are hidden. About hidden know only mods and the person who got one... [AFAIK]

And this thread just got interesting...
taken from the forum agreement.
"2) I shall not post illegal software or post links to illegal software on this forum. Illegal software is software published without permission from the author or copyright owner."
i would say that this also includes talking about cracking software too.
the end
Quote from dadge :taken from the forum agreement.
"2) I shall not post illegal software or post links to illegal software on this forum. Illegal software is software published without permission from the author or copyright owner."

Yeah, I once said I had a cracked CoD 2 and got an infraction...
I never posted, or posted links of illegal software, I just said the game is leaked, did I post a link to the download? Did I post the game here? Not that I know...
you were discussing leaked software. this is software published without the permission from the author. what part of that don't you understand?
Quote from dadge :you were discussing leaked software. this is software published without the permission from the author. what part of that don't you understand?

What he said! Get over it Bose. You did a mistake.
Some of our mods moderate without anyone noticing.
It's not like a red card would change your life anyway.

IMO they should be worth something like a few days ban at least. It seems like people doesn't care much about them atm as they mean nothing but a formal warning(or am I wrong on that point? Don't really know, never received one).

Quote from hrtburnout :Some of our mods moderate without anyone noticing.

Indeed, let's not forget that
How about this Bose:
1) Go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc
2) Open hosts in Notepad
3) add this line: 127.0.0.1 www.lfsforum.net
4) Save and Restart computer

Voila, the forum is a better place!
Quote from Mysho :What he said! Get over it Bose. You did a mistake.

Bose is always right in his thick own head, he hasn't done anything illegal on this forum.
Don't discuss with him, he'll always think he is right. It's a done deal even before you start arguing with him.
#44 - 5haz
Quote from Stiggie :Bose is always right in his thick own head, he hasn't done anything illegal on this forum.
Don't discuss with him, he'll always think he is right. It's a done deal even before you start arguing with him.

Especially not speed hacking... even when I provided everyone the "proof" of him doing so.. he tried to say "that was before".

Once a scumbag, always a scumbag. Easiest motto so you don't get screwed.
Quote from dadge :i think the mods here do a good job. i've been banned from here and i'd say i deserved it. i've also had an infraction. again, i deserved it. the mods try to be fair all the time. if you report something and the mods don't think it was a reportable offense, then they will do nothing about the matter. that doesn't mean they have not looked at the report. it just means you need to pick better posts to report.

ding ding ding
for once i agree with dadge, spot on
Ego the size of CANADA
I like how this thread suddenly got on the subject of Bose321 for some reason.

Quote :taken from the forum agreement.
the end

um, the rule looks pretty clear to me. as you can see, the rule uses the words "post" and "Links" as the violation. I don't see the word "Discuss" or "mention" anywhere in that rule at all. I don't see how you could have made the connection.

Even if that were true, how would that rule work exactly? Would I get an infraction for simply mentioning something like a PlayStation Emulator? would I get banned for saying that PlayStation emulators exist?? would I get a red trading card for that also? it IS copyright Infringement after all.
What if I said I worked on one before? would simply mentioning that fact mean that I was breaking that rule?
Emulators are different. Sure inherently they infer that they are used to play pirated goods, but there are perfectly legitimate uses for emulators that are legal. Emulators or even ROM's aren't illegal.. however infringing copyrights by downloading ROM's in which you do not possess the rights to use said content.

Talking about cracking an unreleased game is conversation of illegal software. Games before release date are inherently acquired illegally (Either via theft or piracy), hence discussion of a crack or a early activation patch would also fall under terms of illegal software.
I thought all the moderators had buggered off to play iRacing? I haven't seen one around here for ages.
Oh dear, it seems like I have started a discussion.

Well some of these users in here do seem to understand the point that I was trying to point out.

More and better Moderators
(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG